Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 Sad news
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10637 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2018 :  1:36:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sad news

I’m sorry to announce that the person known in these forums as Stusviews passed away last week.

The way he just kept moving, kept participating, kept attending concerts and parties, kept writing and troubleshooting and creatively problem-solving, you would have never suspected the years-long battle he was waging behind the scenes with cancer unless he told you.

As former electrician and retired high school teacher, Stu had the skill, the patience, and the generosity of spirit to help countless people enjoy the fun and utility of home automation. He holds a record in the Smarthome forums, having contributed more than fifteen thousand posts! since 2007, plus thousands more contributions on other, related automation forums.

Stu was one of a kind. He will be missed!

(I’m planning to travel to Los Angeles to attend a memorial party for Stu. If you’d like to leave a message of condolence, or if you’d like to share a funny story about a time he helped you work out a “GremLinc”, feel free to reply here or send me a private message, and I’ll pass them along to his family.)

EVIL Teken
Advanced Member

Canada
2358 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2018 :  3:46:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stusviews: This world is made less with out your presence. Your contributions in all things has helped inspire millions to succeed. You were a husband, teacher, mentor, a friend to all.

I will forever miss our chats, debates, and collaboration. I will not remember how you died but remember how you lived and what you left behind. The sky has another star in the Heavens where you reside but the Earth is much darker with out your light to lead the way.

Teken . . .

Want to make a real difference? Cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-category/new-insteon-device-wish-list/8221-plm-pro

Stusviews: This world is made less with out your presence. Your contributions in all things has helped inspire millions to succeed. You were a husband, teacher, mentor, a friend to all.

I will forever miss our chats, debates, and collaboration. I will not remember how you died but remember how you lived and what you left behind. The sky has another star in the Heavens where you reside but the Earth is much darker with out your light to lead the way.
Go to Top of Page

oberkc

USA
3745 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2018 :  4:30:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tfitz, please pass my condolences:

My impressions are that he never tired of helping others. I am sure that this aspect of his personality extended far beyond the forums here. It sounds like a life well-lived.

I did notice his less-frequent posts over the recent weeks (or months). I should have known it was not from losing interest.

Smarthome is indebted to him, as many of us are here.
Go to Top of Page

kdjerred

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2018 :  7:00:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a new Insteon user a few years ago, Stusviews was one of the first to respond to my dumb question but he had the patience, as a lot of you other experienced people do, to help the new user. He will be missed. I feel bad I never knew his real name but will be remembered none the less as Stusviews to me. My condolences to the family of a great guy!
Go to Top of Page

Erodrigu
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2018 :  07:06:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kdjerred

As a new Insteon user a few years ago, Stusviews was one of the first to respond to my dumb question but he had the patience, as a lot of you other experienced people do, to help the new user. He will be missed. I feel bad I never knew his real name but will be remembered none the less as Stusviews to me. My condolences to the family of a great guy!

I completely agree. He helped me many times and was able to provide a solution to my "problems". My deepest and sincere condolences to his family.
Go to Top of Page

Erodrigu
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2018 :  2:16:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kdjerred

I completely agree. He helped me many times and was able to provide a solution to my "problems". My deepest and sincere condolences to his family.
Go to Top of Page

Svengoolie
Starting Member

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2018 :  06:22:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just saw this post now. RIP Stu. Stu, offered his assistance in my one and only thread. He will be missed.
Go to Top of Page

splat10
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2018 :  11:00:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
:(

This forum will be less without him.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly