Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 2477d problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Herb4372

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2018 :  2:24:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had 2x2477d switches on my system and trying to add another was causing the circuits they were all on to trip. Researched here and found the debates about wether or not they interferes with AFCI breakers. After hours of wiring, requiring, even an electrician to search for crossed circuits (to no avail), I replaced the switches with a different brand and voila... problem solved. So itís still possible there was something else going on, but my money is on an issue using insteon with AFCI breakers.

New home, less than 2 years old. All breakers are Eaton AFCI or GFCI. The cost of replacing each of the breakers since my plan is to convert all 43 switches in my house would have been around $1000 for all new breakers. So.... yeah, mich easier to switch to different brand of HomeKit switches unfortunately. I much preferred the look of the 2477d, the white LEDs was much more appealing than the green I have now.

So I ran into an issue trying to add

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10575 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2018 :  2:47:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check out this support article: https://www.insteon.com/support-knowledgebase/insteon-and-afci-breakers?rq=AFCI

Volunteer Moderator & Home Automation Enthusiast
Go to Top of Page

Herb4372

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2018 :  4:16:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Much appreciated. Iím not sure i have the patience to rewire them all. But I may give it another shot before I sell all of my insteon switches. (I have 20 still in the box)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2018 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page