Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Security
 Security system at home
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marissa
Starting Member

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2018 :  03:04:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last week, an incident took place in our neighborhood. It shocked everyone. We are living in this residence for about five months. We came here because of my husband's promotional transfer. There were no burglary attempts in the town until then. There was a robbery attempt in our house last week. Everyone in the neighborhood is very much worried about the new incidents which took place in our residents. They tried to break the window, but couldn't enter the house. A neighbor saw him crawling through the window and he shouted. He ran off the street.. I fixed the doors and windows in order to ensure the safety of home. I need to install a security system at home. Can you suggest some home security systems and alarm services?

Geo
Advanced Member

Canada
815 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2018 :  06:06:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are security firms in just about every community these days. The product selection is wide. Talk to them. It's not a project for an amateur.

GJN
Go to Top of Page

TonyFell
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2018 :  11:15:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would be prepared for that criminal to come back. All they learned is that they can get inside as long as they check that the coast is clear.

You can protect your windows a bit better with window security film.

It keeps the glass from breaking fully. You will need to replace the window if anything happens again, but they are unlikely to be able to penetrate the perimeter.

Much better than window bars because it does not change the look of the home.
Go to Top of Page

MichaelHarris259

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2018 :  11:18:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit MichaelHarris259's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That was your goodluck that neighbour saw him and shouted but for your security i would suggest window/glass break detector offered by perfect home defense. They offer other products regarding home security and home safety.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

pratik7923
Starting Member

India
4 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2018 :  02:36:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many security devices are available for your home security. The devices are DIY (Do it yourself) install system. This devices help alert owners in case of a security breach or safety alert, no matter where in the world they are! This devices supports bluetooth, infrared, zigbee, z-wave technologies.This device are are also IoT.
http://b1hub.com.au

pratik sorate
Go to Top of Page

Shuttlesworth
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2018 :  7:46:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Shuttlesworth a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I recently purchased a ZOSI H.264 DVR ZR08ZN10 that was advertised to work with 720P analog cameras but I can not get the to work! I hooked it up as instructed but only see on the monitor No video! I had on hand 4 1080P BNC HD color cameras so I hooked one up and it had a fabulous picture! I already have 8 720P analog cameras ran and in place and need to make this work! Any suggestions on adjustments to get the cameras, monotor and DVR to play well together?
Go to Top of Page

MichaelCarter259
Average Member

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2018 :  03:04:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit MichaelCarter259's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Home security systems differ quite a bit in terms of what’s offered. Some old school systems like ADT might require contracts, professional installation, and offer both the hardware and customer support, while others allow you to install the system and connect to existing smart home security devices for do-it-yourself home monitoring.

Prices for home security systems depend on a combination of what type of system you’re looking for as well as any installation fees. Some companies might have monthly membership or cloud access fees, while others may not. We’ll talk a little bit about pricing for each item on this list, but for an accurate look at cost, it’s best to visit the website and request a personalized quote.Here the list of some top companies you can go through them.
Ring Alarm
SimpleSafe
VIVINT
Nest Secure
Abode
ADT
Link Interactive
Live Watch
Scout

Perfect Home Defense The Best Security System
Go to Top of Page

oliviagaallagher021

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2018 :  10:32:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit oliviagaallagher021's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Its like the safest place in the world if you have really experienced first burglary attempt in 5 months. But time and tides wait for none. I admire that after the incident you are conscious about home safety and security. If you want reliable and cost efficient home security system then give a free call at 800553[ restricted ]. I hope you will find something beneficial.

Perfect Home Defense: The pioneers of Wireless Home Alarm Service Providers in US.

Go to Top of Page

nicenancy
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2019 :  7:37:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You may choose the Infrared fence on the window to avoid such case.

quote:
Originally posted by marissa

Last week, an incident took place in our neighborhood. It shocked everyone. We are living in this residence for about five months. We came here because of my husband's promotional transfer. There were no burglary attempts in the town until then. There was a robbery attempt in our house last week. Everyone in the neighborhood is very much worried about the new incidents which took place in our residents. They tried to break the window, but couldn't enter the house. A neighbor saw him crawling through the window and he shouted. He ran off the street.. I fixed the doors and windows in order to ensure the safety of home. I need to install a security system at home. Can you suggest some home security systems and alarm services?

Go to Top of Page

Amanda Gil

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2019 :  05:49:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am very sorry that you have such a situation. The question of home security will always be relevant. I live in a not very favorable area and therefore I had to install a security system. When choosing between wired and wireless, I certainly chose the wireless option from Kangaroo. This makes life a lot easier, no need to break the walls and throw a bunch of unnecessary wires. The whole system works through a wi-fi network and can be controlled using the phone, in general, I am very pleased with my purchase.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2019 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page