Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Surveillance
 Ring Product Release Dates?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

C03T07C12

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2018 :  11:46:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We recently had outdoor property stolen and plan to install a few cameras outside our home and will include one spotlight, three night cams, and replacement doorbell.

1) We're replacing our Ring Video Doorbell Pro (WiFi) with the Ring Video Elite (Ethernet). Our exterior wall is 8" thick stone with 2" plaster interior. The WiFi version doesn't provide the best resolution, so we're thinking the ethernet version may be better. Does anyone have experience with the ethernet version (Ring Video Elite)?

2) Ring announced at CES2018 a new lineup of stickup cams, but no availability date. Has anyone heard a release date? We prefer the night cams without spotlights.

Thanks....

rajung

19 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2018 :  05:02:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
October 18 for wired Dec for wireless Pre order now on Amazon, I think for wired but its only a few days away anyway
I see Amazon now owns Ring! I think due to the fact they actually are more invested in cloud storage that many don't know as the biggest profit for them , more than retail.
So I suppose these cams will also require cloud storage instead of local storage " fees" which is why I avoid them.

Edited by - rajung on 10/13/2018 05:16:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

oliviagaallagher021

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2018 :  02:11:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit oliviagaallagher021's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I always recommend hard wired cameras for better result. Cameras' stream always need high speed internet that is why low Wifi signals could be a problem.

Perfect Home Defense: The pioneers of Wireless Home Alarm Service Providers in US.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2019 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page