Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Security
 Vivint Remote access. No monitoring
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Glatty56
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2018 :  12:22:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently discontinued my monitoring with Vivint. The Control Panel seems to still work, but I cannot access the cameras from my phone or iPad using the App. I am assuming because my Vivint account has been disabled. Is there any way to use this equipment anymore on a "non monitored" basis?

Don Glatthaar

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10615 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2018 :  1:12:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are some extensive threads on that topic. This one might answer all your questions: https://forum.smarthome.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10730

Volunteer Moderator & Home Automation Enthusiast
Go to Top of Page

Glatty56
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2018 :  08:21:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply, however, I have read that post and all of the links in it are either broken or are trying to sell you a service or magazine subscription. It also looks like the original poster's (CraigTX) question was never answered. My equipment looks like it still works, what I am looking for is some software or phone/iPad App that will connect to it so I can use my cameras as a closed circuit monitoring system. I have no interest in paying a monthly monitoring fee from anybody.

quote:
Originally posted by Tfitzpatri8

There are some extensive threads on that topic. This one might answer all your questions: https://forum.smarthome.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10730

Don Glatthaar
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2018 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page