Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Pet Care & Pest Control
 Pest stop pest repeller
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Heyashik
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2018 :  12:24:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have an issue with mice that are not in my house but come to my property; I already have bait down done by a professional ; however I have purchased a sonic machine that has an electromagnetic signal that covers the house through the wiring system ; but what exactly does that mean? How does it work? does size matter in this instance as I have a small house but this machine can cover a large house?

Edited by - Heyashik on 07/23/2018 02:45:51 AM

Geo
Advanced Member

Canada
815 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2018 :  12:54:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Devices I have seen generate ultrasonic signal (20kHz to 40kHz) which is supposed to scare away pests, mosquitoes and whatever else. In theory it should work - the sound people can't hear but the pests presumably do should drive those critters away. It might drive your dog crazy (it will definitely hear it) but whether it does work as a pest repellent I can't say. My son bought one of those things for his cottage, but the jury is still out on its effectiveness.

GJN
Go to Top of Page

BrendaReyes
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2018 :  8:24:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, ultrasonic electronic pest and insect repellent devices have a high frequency sound waves are intolerable to rodents and insects. Most of the exterminators in Suffolk County say that ultrasonic mouse repellent is to use it alone to control established infestation. So, do not prefer you to buy ultrasonic Repellers, it is best to call up a professional pest controller to eliminate mice.

Edited by - BrendaReyes on 12/08/2018 04:43:44 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2019 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page