Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Security
 Separate system or same? Security System
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bluenzo
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2018 :  12:52:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess its kind of a basic question but I am doing my research before I start my own smart home system.

I am leaning towards using the Wink Hub 2 but I also want a monitored security system.

How well does it work together or what are my options?

Should I find a security system that also has home automation?

Should I find two separate systems? One for security, the other for home automation?

I am pretty sure (educated guess) you cant have one device that is linked to two hubs? (security/home automation)?

I think im leaning more towards having 2 separate systems. Security system to monitor doors and windows etc while using the wink hub 2 for all lighting automation, front door bell/camera and other devices/automations

Sorry noob here!

Autonow
Average Member

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2018 :  09:26:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Autonow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes to different systems since they do different things in a different way.
I like the elk for security. and the ISY for automation. Although as the automation needs grow I am looking for alternative systems
Go to Top of Page

vedardalarm
Starting Member

China
11 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2018 :  02:59:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit vedardalarm's Homepage  Click to see vedardalarm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It has no problem to have two in one. Some kind of home security system has http://www.vedardalarm.com/focus-home-appliance-control-switch-p-93 smart switch to enable home automation.
quote:
Originally posted by bluenzo

I guess its kind of a basic question but I am doing my research before I start my own smart home system.

I am leaning towards using the Wink Hub 2 but I also want a monitored security system.

Should I find two separate systems? One for security, the other for home automation?

I am pretty sure (educated guess) you cant have one device that is linked to two hubs? (security/home automation)?

I think im leaning more towards having 2 separate systems. Security system to monitor doors and windows etc while using the wink hub 2 for all lighting automation, front door bell/camera and other devices/automations

Sorry noob here!

Alarm Systems store for complete home security kits at www.vedardalarm.com

Edited by - vedardalarm on 09/25/2018 03:00:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

MichaelCarter259
Average Member

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2018 :  02:43:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit MichaelCarter259's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bluenzo

Sorry noob here!

U donot have to go for two seperate system perfect home defense can provide you the single system which will fullfill your needs.You can call on this number 800-533-[ restricted ] or go to there website perfecthomedefense to get information.

Perfect Home Defense The Best Security System
Go to Top of Page

oliviagaallagher021

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2018 :  10:14:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit oliviagaallagher021's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will go with Michael Carter. I have acquired their services and they provide smart bulbs and other relevant home automation products along with home security system compatible with central control panel.

Perfect Home Defense: The pioneers of Wireless Home Alarm Service Providers in US.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2018 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page