Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 Tankless water heaters
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Maria D. Cook
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2018 :  11:18:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Maria D. Cook's Homepage  Send Maria D. Cook an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am looking for a tankless water heater. suggest me the best one.

Edited by - Maria D. Cook on 08/20/2018 11:20:18 PM

samantha123
Starting Member

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2020 :  7:50:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rinnai water heater is amazing and keeps up well with our household of three children and four bathrooms. It comes with the two connection valves and TP valve needed to install it. Amazon recommends that you buy the tankless heater valve installation kit, but don’t do it. It’s all there. I ended up returning the kit. The heater is well designed and has a hanging bracket that makes installation very easy. Simply locate the heater, anchor the bracket, then lift the heater up onto it. This project is not for the novice. You do need decent plumbing skills to install. It was a full day’s work by myself installing the vents and all the lines but well worth it. Don’t forget that you need to perform maintenance on these heaters every year by pumping white vinegar through the flushing valves to de-scale it. You also need to clean the intake filter. Both tasks are easy to do and well worth the benefits of this heater.
Go to Top of Page

Beatty
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2021 :  9:31:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rinnai RU Sensei Super
EcoSmart ECO 27
Stiebel Eltron 239222 Tempra Plus
Rheem 240V 2 Heating Chambers RTEX-18

Edited by - Beatty on 02/08/2021 8:55:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

paulag
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2021 :  11:31:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another vote for Rheem based on firsthand experience.

I had a Rheem RTGH-95 DVLN installed a few years back and its been nothing short of awesome.

Edited by - paulag on 02/18/2021 8:14:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Stephens326
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2021 :  10:51:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It’s no wonder that everybody building a house or replacing an existing water heater system is looking to buy a tankless hot water heater. The convenience of having on-demand instantaneous hot water alone is enough.

Add the low maintenance costs, superb energy-efficiency, and the absence of an awkward rusty tank, and you can see why the tankless on-demand water heaters are so popular.

Edited by - Stephens326 on 02/24/2021 8:20:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

jenni000
Starting Member

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2021 :  05:44:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I chose EcoSmart ECO27 water heater. It is a 27-kilowatt tankless electric water heater perfect for providing hot water for houses and apartments. It can provide between 2.7 and 6.5 gallons-per-minute based on the inlet water temperature. You should install this tankless water heater with the help of a qualified plumbing and heating contractor.
Go to Top of Page

samantha123
Starting Member

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2021 :  05:37:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rheem is a great electric hot water heater for those on well water and want to get rid of the smell from anode rod chemical reaction in most steel tanks. This was a warranty replacement that I purchased per Rheem. Came in on time and undamaged.
Go to Top of Page

andrewjp
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2021 :  07:12:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recommend Happybuy Tankless, have been using it for almost 2 years, so far so good. Very satisfied with it, has light weight, simple operation and unlimited hot water

Edited by - andrewjp on 06/29/2021 06:56:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

jay9684
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2021 :  02:15:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello,
As per my suggestion "Rheem Performance Platinum 50 Gal" tankless water heater is one of the best and reliable water heater.

Edited by - jay9684 on 07/02/2021 02:46:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

jackaustin
Starting Member

Thailand
5 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2021 :  5:57:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SO I finally got my off-grid 48v 4500w system installed and connected. Couldn't be happier. So nice to have power without hearing a generator running. I had planned on installing an LP gas, tankless, on-demand water heater. When I started looking closely at them I began noticing they consume a lot of power. Some say up to 40kW. That seems like a LOT of power to heat water with propane. Am I reading the specs right?

My water will be supplied from an on-site well so it may be a bit cool 60'ish F I'd guess. What are you folks using for whole house water heaters? I'm just heating water for a 2 BR / 2 BA cabin that will normally only have 2 people in it. I'd venture to say that only the kitchen sink and maybe the washer would run at the same time. I can't see both of them running simultaneously for more than a minute or two

Edited by - jackaustin on 07/31/2021 5:59:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

silverton38
Advanced Member

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2021 :  10:12:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jackaustin

SO I finally got my off-grid 48v 4500w system installed and connected. Couldn't be happier. So nice to have power without hearing a generator running. I had planned on installing an LP gas, tankless, on-demand water heater. When I started looking closely at them I began noticing they consume a lot of power. Some say up to 40kW. That seems like a LOT of power to heat water with propane. Am I reading the specs right?

My water will be supplied from an on-site well so it may be a bit cool 60'ish F I'd guess. What are you folks using for whole house water heaters? I'm just heating water for a 2 BR / 2 BA cabin that will normally only have 2 people in it. I'd venture to say that only the kitchen sink and maybe the washer would run at the same time. I can't see both of them running simultaneously for more than a minute or two

If you are 100% off grid then heat your water with on demand propane or natgas if you have it. That way your home batteries will not require the energy.
Go to Top of Page

Denn5623
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2021 :  02:01:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tankless heaters may be installed throughout a household at more than one point-of-use (POU), far from or without a central water heater, or larger centralized whole house models may still be used to provide all the hot water requirements for an entire house. The main advantages of tankless water heaters are a plentiful, practically limitless continuous flow of hot water (as compared to a limited flow of continuously heated hot water from conventional tank water heaters), and potential energy savings under some conditions due to the use of energy only when in use, and the elimination of standby energy losses since there is no hot water tank. The main disadvantage of these systems are their high initial costs (equipment and installation). The proper maintenance is needed for every water heater for the long-life of them.

Edited by - Denn5623 on 08/13/2021 10:54:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

belenom
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2021 :  07:24:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I support the general opinion about the Rinnai water heater. I've been using it myself for many years. I am still satisfied. But I have only bad situations associated with EcoSmart. It leaked many times, broke down, refused to heat the water. For two whole years, I suffered with him.

Edited by - belenom on 08/24/2021 01:51:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

andrewjp
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2021 :  08:30:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would recommend Rinnai Indoor tankless water heater, stable warm water. The temperature is adjustable up to 120. We were able to shower again and never had a problem with hot water. Installation is very simple.

Edited by - andrewjp on 12/31/2021 06:55:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

bclarke01
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2021 :  9:18:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One quick heads up. A typical gas-fired water heater with pilot typically keeps working in case of a power outage. A recent power outage reminded me that this is not the case with tankless heaters. Even with gas/propane as a heat source, the control board will not allow heating to occur if there is no power. Of course, many of you have already figured the solution; simply provide power to the tankless water heater via a small UPS. The control board pulls minimal power so even a small UPS can likely provide sufficient energy.

Bruce Clarke
Go to Top of Page

RichK52
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2022 :  05:11:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In regards to a tankless water heater, be careful. Point of Use (POS) units are 110V electric-based and contain a small boiler/tank that continually heats the water 24x7, is not energy efficient, and is not a tankless water heater. The best tankless water heater on the US market is Navien and is available through dealers and Fergusson. It is a condensing tankless water heater that is 95% efficient. It does this by taking the exhaust and running it through a heat exchanger that removes heat from the exhaust and preheats the cold water entering the main boiler/tank. As a result, the exhaust temperature is very low, in fact just warm. This allows the intake and exhaust pipes to be standard schedule 40 3" or 4" PVC. There is no need for the expensive double-wall stainless steel exhaust pipe most tankless water heaters use, nor the outside exhaust diffuser. I have seen tankless installs where the hot exhaust from a standard tankless water heater has melted the vinyl siding around the diffuser. In addition, the PVC piping can be as long as 40 ft, so there is no problem installing the tankless water heater in the middle of a basement. With the Navien being a condensing water heater, it does need a 3/4" PVC drain line, much like a central A/C unit, to drain the condensate created by the condensing heat exchanger. In addition, the Navien tankless water heaters have a circulating pump that allows for a hot water loop to be installed that keeps the water in the building's hot water pipe warm, thus reducing the time needed for hot water to reach the faucet.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2021 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page