Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Security
 Home automation devices that works with RF 433Mhz
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jaeke101
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2018 :  01:49:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jaeke101's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

I have SAVVY Smart Home System installed in my home from https://www.savvythings.net/

The system operates through RF 433Mhz, I have lighting control, Curtain control, Temperature and etc.

but, they don't have water leak sensor.

i'd love to hear your suggestions to where i can get a water leak sensor and other home automation devices that works with RF 433Mhz. any ideas?

Edited by - Jaeke101 on 08/27/2018 01:49:40 AM

BLH
Advanced Member

5932 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2018 :  10:27:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Besides being 433Mhz. It also would have to have the proper built in message format for the controller to understand.
So being 433Mhz RF may not be enough to work.
Go to Top of Page

Geo
Advanced Member

Canada
815 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2018 :  11:51:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sensing water leak is easy - anyone could build a sensor without much electronic background. Unfortunately, there is no transmitter available from Savvy which could support, for example, a contact closure. You can buy 433 MHz transmitters from SparkFun or on eBay for a couple of bucks, but then you'd have to do some software hacking as well.
Unless you're capable of doing the above I'm afraid you'll have to live without detecting water leak.

GJN
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2019 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page