Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Security
 Double Cylinder Smart Lock
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brian888540
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2018 :  12:09:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello All,

I am somewhat new to smart home technology in the security space, but I have been using some smart home technology for years now.

I have read a lot on the forum, but I have not found the answer to one of my specific questions. I am about to put in two smart home locks for my main external doors with key-less entry as well as smart home features like remote unlock, etc. However, my home also has an adjoining door to an in-law apartment that also has a third external door.

I would like to secure this door with a double cylinder deadbolt. This prevents my kids from invading the apartment uninvited and it also prevents whomever may be in the in-law apartment from coming into my home and really keeps much of our security separate.

I would very much like to find a "smart" double cylinder deadbolt that could be remotely unlocked if necessary and could also have an activity log (nice to have). I do not need it to have keyless entry, I am more concerned with being able to unlock from an app and the like.

Is anyone aware of a product that locks from both sides like a double cylinder deadbolt without offering one side or the other to bypass the need for a key?

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Smith
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2018 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page