Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Security
 Double Cylinder Smart Lock
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brian888540
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2018 :  12:09:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello All,

I am somewhat new to smart home technology in the security space, but I have been using some smart home technology for years now.

I have read a lot on the forum, but I have not found the answer to one of my specific questions. I am about to put in two smart home locks for my main external doors with key-less entry as well as smart home features like remote unlock, etc. However, my home also has an adjoining door to an in-law apartment that also has a third external door.

I would like to secure this door with a double cylinder deadbolt. This prevents my kids from invading the apartment uninvited and it also prevents whomever may be in the in-law apartment from coming into my home and really keeps much of our security separate.

I would very much like to find a "smart" double cylinder deadbolt that could be remotely unlocked if necessary and could also have an activity log (nice to have). I do not need it to have keyless entry, I am more concerned with being able to unlock from an app and the like.

Is anyone aware of a product that locks from both sides like a double cylinder deadbolt without offering one side or the other to bypass the need for a key?

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Smith

nicenancy
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2019 :  7:20:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Brain Smith, glad to know that you are looking for the smart lock.

We just have the smart lock, hot sell in USA, and we just come back from CES.

Since on the forum I can't show you more details, you can contact me at: [email protected], I will show you the smart lock picture and the spec, function.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2019 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page