Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Security
 Crazy direction
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Autonow
Average Member

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2018 :  07:35:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Autonow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been frustrated at the quality of many of the "insteon" components in my system. So I have been looking to upgrade. The one component in my system that has been rock solid reliable is my ELK security system. I have also found security devices to be a little more reliable. So this is what I am thinking. Expand my elk to connect ALL my devices. I can get a zwave module and a GE 2 way wireless module for the elk. I can then use my ISY99 to control the devices through the elk and pick up my legacy insteon devices. One thing I have found is wireless devices like insteon are not reliable because there is no handshake. If the go offline you do not know. Why I like the ge as well as a wired connection a little more work but I know it will work when it needs to.

MichaelCarter259
Average Member

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2018 :  03:46:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit MichaelCarter259's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well i think you should also check the perfect home defense security system.

They have the techology of intergrating system and Fastest response time in the industry with 2way voice communication, Which eliminates the risks of any false alarm.Top of the line “Smash and Crash” technology keeps the system running and it's wireless using Zwave no need of wifi also and you can access all your devices from your mobile phone.

There contact number is Toll Free 800-533-[ restricted ] OR visit there site at perfecthomedefense.

Perfect Home Defense The Best Security System
Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

5911 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2018 :  3:22:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The ISY99i has been discontinued for a few years now. The last firmware is 3.3.10. As the later firmware is too big to fit an ISY99i. As long as your not using newer Insteon modules that need a newer you are probably OK.

I don't think the UDI ZWave board fits an ISY99i. If ELK has a ZWave board I can't say how it would interface with an ISY99i.
Go to Top of Page

oliviagaallagher021

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2018 :  11:06:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit oliviagaallagher021's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Modern devices has z-wave compatible technology like "Aliance" and perfect home defense. You dont need any internet connection and all devices are centrally connected.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2018 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page