Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 insteon bulb
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eduardo_garcia
Average Member

Brazil
124 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2018 :  05:57:25 AM  Show Profile  Send eduardo_garcia an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hello guys

Has insteon discontinued their led bulbs? I can't find them to buy anymore.

regards

Eduardo

BLH
Advanced Member

6157 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2018 :  06:58:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you do a web search for them. So you can get the exact sales page link on the Smarthome site.
Both the 2672-222 A19 and 2674-222 PAR38. Are marked as Product Is Unavailable.
Can't say if they are discontinued or in the process of being updated or replaced by a newer design.
Go to Top of Page

eduardo_garcia
Average Member

Brazil
124 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2018 :  07:23:50 AM  Show Profile  Send eduardo_garcia an AOL message  Reply with Quote
They removed them from insteon.com website. I hope they didn't discontinued,I need to replace 2 bulbs at home.
Go to Top of Page

eduardo_garcia
Average Member

Brazil
124 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2018 :  10:12:22 AM  Show Profile  Send eduardo_garcia an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Insteon responded my inquiry. The LED bulbs are discontinued :( I have 15 installed on my home, 2 have already burned.

Update for Case 108133 - "insteon leb bulbs"

Hello Eduardo,

Thank you for contacting Insteon.

Yes, the LED bulb is discontinued and we no longer manufacture it.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely
Aaron

Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

6157 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2018 :  11:44:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the updated information.
Unfortunately not going to help people with them in use now.
Go to Top of Page

EVIL Teken
Advanced Member

Canada
2367 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2018 :  4:09:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eduardo_garcia

Insteon responded my inquiry. The LED bulbs are discontinued :( I have 15 installed on my home, 2 have already burned.

Update for Case 108133 - "insteon leb bulbs"

Hello Eduardo,

Thank you for contacting Insteon.

Yes, the LED bulb is discontinued and we no longer manufacture it.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely
Aaron

I messaged you personally so let me know if I can help out.

Teken . . .

Want to make a real difference? Cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-category/new-insteon-device-wish-list/8221-plm-pro

Stusviews: This world is made less with out your presence. Your contributions in all things has helped inspire millions to succeed. You were a husband, teacher, mentor, a friend to all.

I will forever miss our chats, debates, and collaboration. I will not remember how you died but remember how you lived and what you left behind. The sky has another star in the Heavens where you reside but the Earth is much darker with out your light to lead the way.
Go to Top of Page

TinCan782

15 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2018 :  6:15:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After I first saw the original post, I started checking around and purchased two A19's from Amazon and a PAR38 at my local Fry's.

John
Go to Top of Page

ralphie

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2018 :  07:22:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's not good...

I think Amazon is now out of them too and looking on Ebay now. I would like to get another now..

You can not change the past, but you can influence the future
Go to Top of Page

davesarver
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2019 :  09:15:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm... So, if SmartHome is no longer manufacturing bulbs, does the Insteon hub work with any of the bulbs currently on the market.
Go to Top of Page

oberkc

USA
4095 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2019 :  04:43:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't use the hub, but I believe the answer is "no".
Go to Top of Page

EVIL Teken
Advanced Member

Canada
2367 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2019 :  7:33:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone who needs either style bulb can message me directly. As I have some left over from a very large install that didn’t use them all.

Teken . . .

Want to make a real difference? Cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-category/new-insteon-device-wish-list/8221-plm-pro

Stusviews: This world is made less with out your presence. Your contributions in all things has helped inspire millions to succeed. You were a husband, teacher, mentor, a friend to all.

I will forever miss our chats, debates, and collaboration. I will not remember how you died but remember how you lived and what you left behind. The sky has another star in the Heavens where you reside but the Earth is much darker with out your light to lead the way.
Go to Top of Page

ralphie

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2019 :  08:11:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Email sent about getting a bulb

You can not change the past, but you can influence the future
Go to Top of Page

lars36
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2019 :  08:48:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TinCan782 my closest Fry's is over 5 hours away in Georgia, they have NO shipping on the insteon bulbs, was hopping maybe if you picked two up @ your Fry's I'd be will to pay for the bulbs and shipping? Thanks Lars36.
Go to Top of Page

lars36
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2019 :  08:26:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well since Insteon is no longer making the bulbs, I contacted the above individual in the form here, Evil Teken, as he stated he had bulbs he would sell. I contacted Teken last night and he said for 2 bulbs it would be $50.00 + shipping. Sounded like a great deal. Sent $50.00 through PayPal last night. I contacted Teken later that evening to see if he received the money but never heard back, so now I'm wondering if I got scammed? Money has been taken from my checking account. So I guess my bad for being so trusting?
Go to Top of Page

AD8BC

322 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2019 :  11:15:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, you didn't get scammed. Teken is one of the Insteon veterans in here. You can trust him.
Go to Top of Page

lars36
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2019 :  11:25:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well when I asked last night if he had received my payment, I got just a little bit nervous when I didn't hear anything back, know what I mean jelly bean. Thanks for your post, makes me feel better about the whole situation.
Go to Top of Page

EVIL Teken
Advanced Member

Canada
2367 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2019 :  4:16:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lars36

Well since Insteon is no longer making the bulbs, I contacted the above individual in the form here, Evil Teken, as he stated he had bulbs he would sell. I contacted Teken last night and he said for 2 bulbs it would be $50.00 + shipping. Sounded like a great deal. Sent $50.00 through PayPal last night. I contacted Teken later that evening to see if he received the money but never heard back, so now I'm wondering if I got scammed? Money has been taken from my checking account. So I guess my bad for being so trusting?

Hi lars36,

I'm not sure what is going on but I have not received a follow up email from you after my follow up regarding (I) would find out what shipping costs would be before you sent payment.

I have also not received any funds via Pal Pal either.

The same email address you sent your inquiry to me is the Pay Pal address. Please confirm you did in fact send the funds to that address and not another.

Lastly, before I saw this updated reply from you I sent out a follow up to you regarding confirmation of your contact number and ZIP code because the one provided doesn't look right??

I'm sure we can figure this out in short order.

Teken . . .

Go to Top of Page

lars36
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2019 :  5:12:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OMG, My bad, sent money to wrong e=mail address, please except My apologies
Go to Top of Page

bward1

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2019 :  11:57:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I seem to have fallen into the "I's Screwed" bracket of Insteon users. I love the product and have over 65 Insteon devices with 20+ Insteon light bulbs all interfaced to
ten Amazon Echo (Alexa) devices. Over the past year my Insteon have been failing at an increasing rate. My Insteon bulbs are all wired directly to the power giving me more ability
to control the lights regardless of how they are wired. All worked great until the bulbs start failing. I have searched and cannot find any controlled light bulbs that will work with Insteon.
I do not want to go backwards to where one Insteon switch controls 8 or ten light bulbs. I also want to install colored bulbs. Do I have to remove entire Insteon system or has someone found
solution for controlling light bulbs using Insteon switches. I love my Insteon system but it seems they have really dropped the ball the past couple of years by not upgrading the Insteon product line to work with other products. And discontinuing the Insteon light bulb has really left many of us stranded. Help! Any suggestion? Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

6157 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2019 :  03:22:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Steve Lee posted a message on the UDI Forums. Concerning the direction that Smartlabs/Smarthome is taking with Insteon.
There are new devices in the works but some owners of older products will be disappointed on them being dropped.
https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/25997-insteon-update/?tab=comments#comment-259862
Go to Top of Page

oberkc

USA
4095 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2019 :  04:36:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While I don't believe it is possible to control hue lights with insteon directly, it can be done via ISY-994 controller. One could, for example, create a program to turn on hue bulbs triggered by an insteon switch. Unfortunately, it would be a serious project to convert all your 65 devices plus bulbs from the hub to the ISY-994. The costs and learning curve would be a consideration as well.

Hopefully, there is a new bulb in work.
Go to Top of Page

bward1

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2019 :  08:35:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I looked into the ISY devices but couldn't find any that seem to work with the Philips Hue. I will check into the ISY-994. I don't need to convert my entire system over, just seven or eight switches. I am also hoping there will be something new coming from Insteon in the near future, maybe a more open new hub.
Go to Top of Page

oberkc

USA
4095 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2019 :  4:58:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the ISY to work with the hue devices requires the network module (extra expense, but not much) and a bit of programming work. There is a link to this on the universal devices wiki. For the ISY to work with google home or the echo devices requires a subscription to a service. Again, extra expense. Again, not a lot.
Go to Top of Page

schoenfeldadam
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2019 :  5:59:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really need a couple of INSTEON LED BULBS.

I don't have enough posts to send a message to a member.

EVIL teken - please contact me on adamschoenfeld at gmail dot com
Go to Top of Page

ljacobi1230
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2020 :  11:41:16 AM  Show Profile  Send ljacobi1230 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Evil Teken, can you please email me regarding these Insteon Light Bulbs? I am wondering if you still have any available for purchase?

quote:
Originally posted by EVIL Teken

quote:
Originally posted by lars36

Hi lars36,

I'm not sure what is going on but I have not received a follow up email from you after my follow up regarding (I) would find out what shipping costs would be before you sent payment.

I have also not received any funds via Pal Pal either.

The same email address you sent your inquiry to me is the Pay Pal address. Please confirm you did in fact send the funds to that address and not another.

Lastly, before I saw this updated reply from you I sent out a follow up to you regarding confirmation of your contact number and ZIP code because the one provided doesn't look right??

I'm sure we can figure this out in short order.

Go to Top of Page

EVIL Teken
Advanced Member

Canada
2367 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2020 :  12:19:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ljacobi1230

Evil Teken, can you please email me regarding these Insteon Light Bulbs? I am wondering if you still have any available for purchase?

Hello,

I'll send you a follow up email regarding this personal request. For those still interested in buying the same please do message me directly or leave a comment here.

Lastly, I am in the middle of clearing out lots of NOS (New Old Stock) items before I begin to list them locally and via eBay. I would prefer to give the members here first dibs given our tight nit community.

Teken . . .

Go to Top of Page

eduardo_garcia
Average Member

Brazil
124 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2020 :  12:36:11 PM  Show Profile  Send eduardo_garcia an AOL message  Reply with Quote
guys

I have a very bad experience with indsteon led bulbs, think this is the reason it was discontinued. I got a very bad short circuit that damage my chandelier. I will send pictures latter.

regards

Eduardo
Go to Top of Page

EVIL Teken
Advanced Member

Canada
2367 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2020 :  05:27:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schoenfeldadam

I really need a couple of INSTEON LED BULBS.

I don't have enough posts to send a message to a member.

EVIL teken - please contact me on adamschoenfeld at gmail dot com

Hi Adam,

Apologies for the late reply as I was not subscribed to this thread?!? A follow up email has been sent to you for review and consideration.

Teken . . .

Go to Top of Page

EVIL Teken
Advanced Member

Canada
2367 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2020 :  05:28:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ljacobi1230

You don't appear to have a listed email address so please email me directly at [email protected]

Teken . . .

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page