Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 No of Devices for INSTEON Hub?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kentmcpherson
Average Member

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2018 :  07:21:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How many INSTEON devices can be defined for an INSTEON HUB 2245-222? The specs say it supports 992 links. Is that 992 different INSTEON devices? Thanks.

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10676 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2018 :  07:36:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They recommend no more than about 100 devices using the Insteon Hub. More than that and you really ought to use an ISY.
Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

5880 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2018 :  1:06:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I doubt it. Most modules will have more than one link.
I have eleven Insteon Modules and the PLM for my ISY994i has sixty six links in it. Link for each scene and program they are in.

Edited by - BLH on 11/26/2018 1:12:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

lilyoyo1

255 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2018 :  8:42:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As mentioned earlier, 100 devices (give or take) would be your max. They go by link count since different devices and scenes can cause links to add up.

For example, keypads will use more links automatically than a switchlinc due to the nature of the device. The number of scenes play a part in it as well.

Edited by - lilyoyo1 on 11/26/2018 8:44:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

kdjerred

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2018 :  9:11:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There must not be hard limits because I had never heard of a device limit and have accumulated 165 devices running on a hub 2 without any issues including keypads and light switches throughout the house along with just about every other module available with 68 scenes. I imagine the many leak sensors, window and Door sensors don't use a lot of computing power…
Go to Top of Page

lilyoyo1

255 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2018 :  11:53:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kdjerred

There must not be hard limits because I had never heard of a device limit and have accumulated 165 devices running on a hub 2 without any issues including keypads and light switches throughout the house along with just about every other module available with 68 scenes. I imagine the many leak sensors, window and Door sensors don't use a lot of computing power…

There is no hard limit simply due to the differences between devices. That's why they claim a link limit and not devices itself. Any combination of devices and scenes can either allow a great number of devices or a small number of devices.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2018 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page