Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Pet Care & Pest Control
 about dyson v6
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tylor
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2018 :  11:51:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Tylor an AOL message  Reply with Quote
After a year and a half of regular use, my V6 Animal Pro wouldn't stay charged anymore. I was constantly cleaning the filters because I thought a clog was causing the issue. It would run for about 2 minutes then die completely. I was ready to purchase another more expensive model of the Dyson cordless line since Dyson doesn't even sell replacement batteries for the V6 anymore. Without any expectations, I ordered this replacement battery from Amazon first. I'm glad I did. It turns out that removing the old battery was as easy as removing two screws. This new battery slid perfectly into place and was precisely aligned with the old screw holes. Shocking-right?!? It couldn't possibly be this easy!

I assumed the dyson v6 battery replacement 3000mah would be inferior to the original Dyson battery, but it turns out that this battery is far better than the old Dyson battery ever was even when it was brand new. The recharge time is about the same but more importantly, the run-time is far greater than the old battery. I kept expecting the new battery to fail at any moment, but it hasn't let me down yet. Who knew that buying a new battery could be so satisfying!?! I couldn’t be more pleased with its performance so in my opinion, it was worth every penny of the $44.00 price tag. check here: https://www.genstattu.com/ta-3000-6s1p-v6.html

Edited by - Tylor on 12/06/2018 12:00:16 AM

Geo
Advanced Member

Canada
815 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2018 :  12:24:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not exactly an admirer of Dyson - although we do have three of their vacuum cleaners. But that's another story.
Today most battery operated devices use LiPo batteries which, not everybody understands, have limited shelf life (it is improving, but it used to be maybe just a few years). Even when not used at all. Purchasing a device with the battery already installed you never know how old it may be. It could have been sitting in a warehouse for a while, losing a half of its capacity.
When buying a new battery you want to make sure you are buying from a vendor with good turn-around. But be careful! Some vendors, when their battery stock reaches a certain age sell those aging devices to discounters. You can find some "great" deals on eBay. Just remember you get what you pay for.

GJN
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2018 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page