Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Lighting and Appliance Control
 LED life
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

manson
Starting Member

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2018 :  04:36:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am looking forward to upgrading my bedroom CFL lights with LED lights, and the main reason for this upgrade is to save conception. I was told by my buddy, that replacing CFL with LED lights can save a lot of money. I am looking forward to reducing electricity consumption by at least 20 percent by the end of next year. I am taking steps to move towards an energy efficient house and the next step in that process is to generate my own power and create an off-grid hamlet. To start my off-grid process, I thought of replacing my bedroom lights with a LED Round Ultrathin Slim Panel - White - 33W - 8 inch - 4000K Natural White - 120V AC, and lumens of the panel is 900, and these panels have a power factor .98, I do not know what power factor is, it would be great if someone could explain that to me. I am concerned about the light delivery, will it have evenly spread light throughout the room. It would be great if someone could share their experience about the same with me, I am also looking at the possibility of upgrading my wiring system as I have been told only a combination of the same will yield high results. As I mentioned earlier, I will install a rooftop solar panel within a year or so, and I want to know, will I be able to connect my solar panel to my LED panel, and will such connection affect the product life in any way. The LED slim panel, Mrlighting,https://www.mr[ restricted ]/led-slim-panels-1063 I am looking for is available in a nearby light store and the LED slim panel comes with a five-year warranty. My concern is that will such an off-grid connection, affect my warranty and if so, how can get around it. Thanks.

Edited by - manson on 12/16/2018 04:39:43 AM

BLH
Advanced Member

5983 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2018 :  1:00:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I looked at their web site and can't find a Slim Panel with the specification you gave.
I did not see an 8" Round 33W 4000K with 900 Lumens. Most where 1500->2000 Lumens in 8". The 6" where in the Lumens range you gave.
Do you have the manufacturers model number?

Will the LED Slim Panels be controlled by automation modules like Insteon,Z-Wave or another protocol?
On/Off only or dimmer type if an automation module?

Do you know if the off grid power is a true sine wave and 60 cycles?

Edited by - BLH on 12/17/2018 1:06:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

devidhenry
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2018 :  9:30:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is very helpful for me. And also I have https://facebook.com by visit this you will be very helpful.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2019 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page