Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 Insteon Outdoor Camera
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ralphie

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2018 :  6:32:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just purchased the Insteon Outdoor Camera. I am able to send email snapshots from the camera. I have now tried to save the snapshots to an FTP site, local USB drive plugged into my router. It creates the directory on the drive but does not upload the images. Any suggestions?

Also any suggestions about uploading video to the FTP site.

Thanks in advance

You can not change the past, but you can influence the future

ralphie

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2018 :  6:35:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I forgot this, it is Insteon 2864-232 Outdoor HD IP Camera

Go to Top of Page

kdjerred
Average Member

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2018 :  8:13:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use the Insteon outdoor HD camera to upload FTP snapshots to weatherunderground or Wunderground.com., where I also upload weather data from my backyard weather station. I initially had problems getting the snapshots to upload even though it indicated that I was connected and uploading successfully. Using the IP camera tool, I selected the snapshot file size to be the lowest quality or smallest file size and it uploaded successfully. I upload directly to the site and use the IP camera tool to schedule uploads every 60 sec. Wunderground compiles the snapshots into a daily 24hr video. https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KSDRAPID125#history , this is the link to my weather station data and the videos can be seen there under cams.
Go to Top of Page

ralphie

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2018 :  12:25:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the suggestion, that is the one item I did not change was file size. Did you ever get Videos to upload? I can not map out the video location to a ftp site on my USB drive plugged into the router. It is weird, using the tool I can type it in, go there from within the tool but when I go to save it, it reverts back to the C drive.

Also, are all those pictures from that camera?

Go to Top of Page

kdjerred
Average Member

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2018 :  1:00:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This site only excepts snapshots and then compiles them in to a time lapse type video. All of the pictures are from the Insteon Outdoor HD cam.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2019 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page