Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 HD camera 2864-222 firmware failed?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

doghouse

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2018 :  11:49:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably should have well enough alone but I tried to update firmware on one of my 2864-222 HD wifi cameras. (revision 4.0)

Using Chrome web browser on Windows 10 PC, I followed the instructions on https://www.insteon.com/support-knowledgebase/2015/5/12/update-your-hd-wifi-camera-system-firmware and all was going well until the "Click system upgrade" never seemed to finish and give me a status. Had to re-discover the camera using the IP Camera Tool but could not login using the default admin and blank password. I would just get the spinning "loading" circle then the screen would revert back to the login screen.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Edited by - doghouse on 12/26/2018 10:16:18 PM

sutphinwb

44 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2018 :  04:13:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you using it wireless? I think there should a factory reset, tho whether it restores old firmware is TBD. Hook it to a wired port at least. Firmware updates are helpful for security reason.
Go to Top of Page

Midd

45 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2018 :  04:50:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not trying to hijack this thread, but where can you find firmware for insteon cameras? www/insteon.com/firmware/ isn't loading.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2019 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page