Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 2477D Red light with dimmable LED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DOYAM
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2019 :  06:45:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 2477D connected to an LED light over our front porch and it works fine. I am not sure the type here but it works fine.

We are moving to a new house (to us) and I plan on taking this dimmer with me. We have 16 recessed can lights I will be replacing with LEDs and plan on using this dimmer for some of those. I purchased the attached lights from Costco and tested in the location where the dimmer is currently installed. It works fine with dimming and everything. Yet when I turn it off, the red light on the switch flashes 10 times after it turns off. I spoke with SmartHome and she says the lights need to be "Leading Edge Technology". I cannot find this information anywhere.

These LEDs are supposed to be a more economical option over the Cree LED Retrofits. They are about $6 each where the Cree equivalent is about $20 each. At the end of the day there is no money saved if it doesnt work right... I want to purchase what will work.

Lights are here:

oberkc

USA
3892 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2019 :  3:06:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only thing I see on the packaging is "may not be compatible with all dimmers". I also see a phone number you can call, and that is exactly what I would do. Ask them if these lights work with "leading edge" dimmers.

Alternatively, buy one and try it out on your porch light (I still would call them).

Otherwise, it is trial-and-error.
Go to Top of Page

lilyoyo1

277 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2019 :  12:25:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A flashing red light on the switch means it's not communicating with something that is linked to.

Edited by - lilyoyo1 on 02/02/2019 12:27:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

oberkc

USA
3892 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2019 :  03:59:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I missed the note on the red light. If it happens only when the lights are ON>>>OFF, perhaps the Feit bulbs themselves are causing some interference that affects insteon communication.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2019 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page