Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Lighting and Appliance Control
 Light wall smart switches
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vulisha
Starting Member

Croatia
1 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2019 :  05:32:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

I am going to renovate my home soon, and I was planing on buying smart wall switches for lights, and probably some thermostat for my future floor heating.

I am having issues finding something me and my dear wants. I have found on Aliexpress some nice looking switches but I am not sure are those switches safe?

We saw Xiaomi Aqara switches but they are not so beautiful. She would like something like this: http://prntscr.com/mfngkf

So I would like smart switches with some hub that I can upgrade later. It will be paired with dimmable LED lights. I do not want it to be too expensive, and she would like it to be beautiful(no surprises here :D)

Do you have any recommendations, ideas or similar.

Best regards!

Edited by - Vulisha on 02/02/2019 05:46:15 AM

oberkc

USA
3892 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2019 :  4:38:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use insteon and zwave switches. I will not a good one to judge whether these switches are “beautiful”, so I will leave that to you to decide. I have also used a few leviton homekit switches, but have had some trouble keeping them comminicationg with the homekit app.

My hub of choice is the ISY 994. I am very happy with the power. I have used no other hub and cannot compare via first=hand experience.

Two questions you need to answer for yourself....

1. What do you want to accomplish? Remote control? Simple timers? Full automation and conditional logic events?
2. Are you comfortable relying on the cloud for your system to operate, or do you prefer a wholly self=sufficient system?

No hub that I have seen talks to ecerything. Find a hub that you like, then purchase the decices based upon the ability to communicate with your chosen hub.
Go to Top of Page

davidgreams
Starting Member

India
6 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2019 :  04:09:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit davidgreams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lutron has a 5-gang wall plate. Search Amazon for other brands.

I’ve become a fan of Lutron switches. Got the hub and connected the switches to HomeKit. I have mostly Hue lights. So the switches were wired up to only be powered and not physically cut power to the lights. In HomeKit I’ve set up automation so ‘when the light switch is pressed, turn off this light’. There’s a slight delay but it does help to have when people not familiar with your automated home start flipping switches.

Also having gone with Lutron is making me curious about their battery-powered blinds.

Edit: should note I have had issues with non-hue led lights and the Lutron dimmer switch. Seems there can easily be compatibility issues. But the on/off switches have been solid for how I set them up.

Edited by - davidgreams on 02/10/2019 04:10:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

Gosund
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2019 :  11:14:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gosund's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We sell smart light switches. They are beautiful in shape, affordable and pairs with most lights (except dimmable though). You can check our switches on our website to get an idea about our switches.

https://www.gosund.store/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2019 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page