Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 questions about motion sensors and siren
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jzh
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2019 :  2:22:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, i have two questions to ask for help:

1)Is a motion sensor linked to only 1 scene?
2)i setup a scene to link several motion sensors with a siren. Each time when i make the scene 'ON', the siren alarms first. How can i avoid the alarm when setting it 'ON'?

thanks

oberkc

USA
3892 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2019 :  2:48:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1) yes. A motion sensor can be scene controller only, and all insteon devices can be controller of a single "scene". Keep in mind, however, that a "scene" can contain many responder devices. Perhaps it best to think that a motion sensor can be linked to MANY devices.

2) if a siren is part of a scene, and you turn the scene ON, the siren will turn on. No way around it. Why put the alarm in a scene if you do not want it to emit the alarm sound when the scene is on?
Go to Top of Page

oberkc

USA
3892 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2019 :  2:49:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1) yes. A motion sensor can be scene controller only, and all insteon devices can be controller of a single "scene". Keep in mind, however, that a "scene" can contain many responder devices. Perhaps it best to think that a motion sensor can be linked to MANY devices.

2) if a siren is part of a scene, and you turn the scene ON, the siren will turn on. No way around it. Why put the alarm in a scene if you do not want it to emit the alarm sound when the scene is on?
Go to Top of Page

kdjerred
Average Member

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2019 :  7:45:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you say you were turning on the scene, do you mean you want to "arm" the siren? Then the scene will be "turned on" when the motion sensor (the controller of the scene) senses motion. Then the siren will go off. I use a keypad button to "arm" my sirens and then when an exterior door opens , an Open/close Sensor (controller) turns on the scene and the sirens go off.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2019 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page