Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Surveillance
 Viewing - iPad, Fire Tablet, Show, or ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

donf
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2019 :  10:41:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slowly I'm getting thing to work around the house. Sometimes they even do what i thought I wanted them to do!!

But number one on my list is my security viewing situation. For home use iPhones are - what I am determining - my secondary choice. My original intention was Amazon Shows scattered around. In some areas (kitchen, master bath) they are fine, but their weight and size make them a poor choice for the wife and I. Other than buy 15 of them to place in every conceivable location, I'm wanting a truly portable soltion. I have a few iPads that I have as yet to unpack.(Heck, I don't know what box they are even in) but I'm really wondering about the Fire Tablets. Will the cheaper one provide the ability to view 4 cameras easily? Will the resolution be adequate for the task? Is something else that is Alexa freindly out there/

Thanks

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx

oberkc

USA
4095 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2019 :  03:43:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I play around with a couple of echo (alexa) devices. As near as I can tell, they work only with cameras certified to do so. For my purposes, I use tablets (I have iPads and android devices) to view my particular cameras, which are mostly DLink. I use an app called "IP Cam Pro" I have eight cameras. It works fine.

The thing that I find most frustrating is that it seems most of the available cameras are going to cloud-based, and require their own app to view. I am not interested in this, so I am careful that I pick out cameras that have a direct IP address that I can access without cloud services.
Go to Top of Page

openeye007
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2019 :  07:04:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit openeye007's Homepage  Reply with Quote
or you can always invest in a hard wire system which uses a dvr where all the cameras plug into and uses one app instead of being all over the place, hope I was helpful.
Go to Top of Page

sahrenity
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2020 :  11:58:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So you use apple devices to view your cameras. And what about video? Can you convert and send it to pc or edit?
Go to Top of Page

bobodoborobo
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2020 :  11:26:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think the cheaper one provide the ability to view 4 cameras easily.

Edited by - bobodoborobo on 03/02/2020 02:53:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

jetfulfilled
Starting Member

Philippines
10 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2020 :  03:16:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
actually price may also vary for an adequate resolution

jetfulfilled
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic