Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Security
 Smart Locks
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Parman
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2019 :  11:58:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone ever thought that a smart lock would be detrimental in a fire or other emergency when you or a child has to exit a home in a hurry? Just asking. Thanks to all, P

Amanda Gil

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2019 :  10:20:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that smart systems, on the contrary, are adapted to simplify our lives. And when a fire occurs, there should be an automatic door opening function.
Go to Top of Page

Jose1963

19 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2019 :  12:36:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can buy the smart lock with fire protection function. When there is a fire, the smart lock will not damage, because of fireproof coating. It can be opened easily.
Go to Top of Page

scorpionlock
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2019 :  04:31:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit scorpionlock's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agreed with Jose1963, if you looking for a good brand i diffidently recommend on Schlage Smart Lock, I'm a locksmith in my profession i used every day with many kind of locks.
Go to Top of Page

JoeAsheville
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2021 :  4:58:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a non-issue, at least with Schlage smart locks. The Schlage units default to always enable exit, even if the battery is dead.

If this weighs heavily on your mind, consider a unit named a "panic bar". Definitely no egress issues with those...
Go to Top of Page

jetfulfilled
Average Member

Philippines
111 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2021 :  10:24:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nowadays, smart locks are very ideal. You don't have to worry about keys, which in most cases are always missing. You just have to remember your password and tada- it would open easily and handy.

jetfulfilled
Go to Top of Page

lashawnver
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2021 :  3:02:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you're talking about security, many intelligent locks have an automatic door opener feature. I got myself a locksmith who implemented it in our door and installed the appropriate debugging system.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2021 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page