Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Lighting and Appliance Control
 Does Your Robot Vacuum do a good job?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

roy chen
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2019 :  3:52:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am planning to but a robotic vacuum for my house since I heard from my friends saying that the robot vacuum could do the same work as people. So I do want to ask you all if the robotic vacuum does do a good job? I really appreciate it.

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10949 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2019 :  4:49:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One isn’t a replacement for the other. The robot vacuums do a great job of surface cleaning and keeping up with pet hair. Plan to keep using a traditional vacuum with greater capacity and suction on a regular basis to get dust on baseboards and the stuff that works its way deeper into the carpet.
Go to Top of Page

edwardbarnett
Starting Member

Australia
3 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2021 :  08:10:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is nice to have it as it saves a lot of time! But if you own a house or 2-floor apartment, the robot will not be able to clean the whole thing at once. It cannot go upstairs or downstairs. Also, it refreshes and vacuums dust, and you will have to clean all stains by yourself. These are the only disadvantages that I have noticed, other than that this vacuum cleaner is a lifesaver! I set his "working hours" when no one is at home, so nobody bothers him! The biggest advantage is that you always return to a clean floor!

Edited by - edwardbarnett on 04/27/2021 09:29:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

KylieHodges
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2021 :  1:51:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've read a lot of positive reviews about robot vacuum cleaners, to be honest. But my subjective attitude is neutral. I prefer carpets on the floor. And I understand that the robot vacuum cleaner will not be able to provide the cleanliness that cleaning companies offer. Moreover, if your carpet is damaged, they offer you a carpet restoration service. This is really the best option for carpet lovers. Yes, the robot vacuum cleaner works well on flat and smooth surfaces. But as for me, it is not intended for carpets, unfortunately. Perhaps now, with the development of technology, robot vacuum cleaners are improved. But I do not change my opinion yet.
Go to Top of Page

nicholascam
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2021 :  3:21:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm really pleased with our robotic vacuum. Some people say that it can't cover the whole area. But the most important thing is that there were no carpets on the floor and all the furniture had high enough legs. So, that the vacuum cleaner could fit under a sofa, armchairs, etc. Nevertheless, there are carpets in our house, and we clean them with an ordinary vacuum cleaner. But once every half a year/year, I do dry cleaning of all carpets in the house. We have small children, and hygiene is essential to me.

Edited by - nicholascam on 08/25/2021 07:51:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

jetfulfilled
Average Member

Philippines
111 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2021 :  10:36:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, it doesn't. At first, I'm so pleased but, later on I discovered that it can 't cover the whole area. That's why I do the cleaning instead.

jetfulfilled
Go to Top of Page

merlenelos
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2021 :  1:16:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I can definitely say that a vacuum cleaner and a robot vacuum cleaner are two completely different things that cannot be compared in any way. The main task of such a robot is to remove any small debris and dust accumulated over several days from the floor. Even with a robot vacuum cleaner, you still have to vacuum everything yourself at least once a week. Although it still depends on what kind of surface your floor has. My grandmother, for example, has laminate flooring, so she leaves all the work to her little robot. It's a pity, though, that they haven't come up with such robots for cleaning windows yet.

Edited by - merlenelos on 11/11/2021 07:02:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

illadnami
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2021 :  1:55:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not all potential users will be happier after buying a robot vacuum cleaner - it may turn out to be just another piece of furniture, a reminder of wasted money. I had a robot vacuum cleaner that I bought about two years ago. At first, it was a cool thing, cleaned almost everywhere, but I began to notice its shortcomings over time. I couldn't clean many corners, the brushes got tangled up in the wires, and it started getting loud, which brought on my nerves. I don't have the energy or time to clean myself, so it was easier for me to hire a cleaner who came to my house every day after lunch and did a better job than a robot.

Edited by - illadnami on 11/16/2021 03:46:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

canterlot
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2021 :  4:00:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have one, and I like it because it helps keep the house clean, but it doesn't make the job as qualitative as a human does. Hope it makes sense.
But I understand why you want to buy it. I'm not a cleaning person and prefer to hire a cleaning agency to do all the work or purchase different technologies to help me do that quicker. I'd instead work harder and make money to pay someone to do this than do it by myself, haha. Hope I'm not the only one that thinks like that.

Edited by - canterlot on 11/20/2021 3:51:43 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2021 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page