Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Surveillance
 Wifi Recomendation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cptmiker
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2019 :  12:08:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello All I sure this may have been asked.

I am looking for a battery powered camera system with a local DVR I would like to store data locally. I would also like to have the option to use a cloud storage but Would like the option not to have to pay some one to store data for me. I am looking at 6 cameras with the ability to attach a small solar panel to them. to keep them charged. I would like a DVR that has 1tb of storage. I would also like to access the data remotely and get push alert if needed. I have looked at Arlo, blink and they will not work since they do not have the option of local DVR storage. any help would be great. Thanks

6 Battery based wifi camera with Solar charge port
1 DVR Base station with local storage I.E. Hard Drive SSD, Not Memory cards but and option for one would be ok.
Ability to upload to cloud storage If I wanted to.

openeye007
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2019 :  07:12:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit openeye007's Homepage  Reply with Quote
storing video in a cloud vs a dvr can be very expensive for 6 cameras
I recommend a hard wire solution because they are more stable, wireless and battery operated can give lots of headaches, as I am an installer with alot of experience.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2019 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page