Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Thermostats & HVAC Control
 Radiant floor heating thermostat advice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

volcs0
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2019 :  09:54:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're about to put in a radiant heated floor in our new bathroom. We're using the Laticrete Stara_Heat system. They have their own WiFi controller. It's expensive - $200-$250. There are many other controllers out there - mostly clunky looking, some with Wifi, none that I see with Z-wave or other smart home technologies (other than a proprietary wifi-enabled app).
I was going to just go with the Laticrete controller, but I wanted to see what other considerations there were and if people had recommendations. Thanks.

samantha123
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2021 :  01:16:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I purchased the ECOsmart ECO 18 tankless water heater during one of their open box warehouse sales for a very cheap price. I’ve owned this unit for 2 weeks and installed this and upgraded my outdoor panel in one Saturday. I ran 3 runs of 8/2 with bare ground Romex on 3 40amp individual breakers. I planned to update to one of these units over a year ago, I work as a lineman and was able to run a 4/0 urd service to my home for a true 200 amp service I also upgraded my transformer for the “potential demand this unit would require 6months before installation.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page