Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Computer Interfaces
 Servers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Autonow
Average Member

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2019 :  2:22:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Autonow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is what I am looking for! A Dll or active X or even a server that can access the ISY. I am NOT interested in 3rd party gateways hosted somewhere on the NET. Particularly those that require subscriptions like the ISY portal!
I have looked at the SDK but seems a little complicated considering they want you to setup complete management of the insteon network.

What I want to do is simply read and write to some device. I have the address of the device and even the name in the ISY. The ultimate goal is to integrate devices that use different protocls in a single user interface. Protocol Examples would be insteon, Zwave, Modbus or an OPC server and even some of the power management devices.

I am thinking of moving away from the "canned" software solutions and going with something like codesys with a .net interface But I stumble with the insteon interface.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10827 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2019 :  6:26:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The place to start is the ISY forums: http://forum.universal-devices.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page