Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Lighting and Appliance Control
 Need simple dusk-on, timer off soloution
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nigan
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2019 :  05:01:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,,
had a simple setup - X-10 sundowner turned on two x10 receivers at dusk, programmable X-10 timer turned then off at 11 PM. But installing fluorescents made X-10 commands unreliable at best, and one of my receivers just got zapped. There are too many fluorescents- some 25+ CFL, 4 32W with electronic ballasts - to filter them all... So what to do?

I am tempted to change to Insteon receivers, and plug my programmable timer and sundowner into an EZX10RF, and set it up to relay X-10 commands to Insteon. It looks like the simplest set up to me. I really am only looking to control two lights in this simple setup.

Is this the simplest set up?

Edited by - Nigan on 09/02/2019 1:26:25 PM

BLH
Advanced Member

6157 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2019 :  10:00:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The EZX10RF module. Is a single band power line only Insteon module and all address X10 RF Transceiver.
You probably will find the same noise and signal suckers will also effect its power line signals.
So the RF portions of the present Dual Band Module. Will only pass the Insteon RF commands between themselves. Though they will resend Insteon power line commands back on the power lines for possible better coverage.
I don't have any experience with the EZX10RF. If it receives the X10 power line commands from your controllers and then waits for the X10 command to finish. Before sending the Insteon power line command. It should work.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page