Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 Help a Newbie Confirm Install
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nigan
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2019 :  1:03:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,,
I am new to Home Automation and hoping someone can view the below and help me out here.

I am moving into a new house in Oregon (Built in 1981) at the end of month and am wanting to put a Home Automation Kit in. Once I have moved in and confirmed the house has netural wires etc (I hope it does) I plan on deploying the following:

- Controller ISY994iZw/IR PRO (with Z-Wave)
- Insteon Serial PLM (POWERLINC MODEM - INSTEON 2413S SERIAL INTERFACE (DUAL-BAND)
- Various Insteon Dimmers / Switches
- Z-Wave Door Locks
- Plus other Insteon / Z-Wave Devices

I think this looks OK.

One question I have is that the house is quite large and has 2 x 200 AMP Power Supplies running to it and different areas of the house are on different feeds / switch boards. Would I need to get an additional Insteon Serial PLM to add to the other feed for the Insteon Devices on that one (so I have one on both feeds/phases), and if so it is possible to bridge the two?

Thanks for your time!

Edited by - Nigan on 09/26/2019 11:38:25 AM

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10782 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2019 :  1:23:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Negative, the ISY requires (and supports) only one PLM. Each dual-band device you add to your house will automatically form a mesh network with every other dual-band Insteon device within range.
Go to Top of Page

johnsmith101
Starting Member

India
1 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2019 :  08:28:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nigan

Hello everyone,,
I am new to Home Automation and hoping someone can view the below and help me out here.

I am moving into a new house in Oregon (Built in 1981) at the end of month and am wanting to put a Home Automation Kit in. Once I have moved in and confirmed the house has netural wires etc (I hope it does) I plan on deploying the following:

- Controller ISY994iZw/IR PRO (with Z-Wave)
- Insteon Serial PLM (POWERLINC MODEM - INSTEON 2413S SERIAL INTERFACE (DUAL-BAND)
- Various Insteon Dimmers / Switches
- Z-Wave Door Locks
- Plus other Insteon / Z-Wave Devices

I think this looks OK.

One question I have is that the house is quite large and has 2 x 200 AMP Power Supplies running to it and different areas of the house are on different feeds / switch boards. Would I need to get an additional Insteon Serial PLM to add to the other feed for the Insteon Devices on that one (so I have one on both feeds/phases), and if so it is possible to bridge the two?

Thanks for your time!

Yeah have the same question. Some clarification is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,

Edited by - johnsmith101 on 11/12/2019 2:48:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

oberkc

USA
4009 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2019 :  09:03:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks to me as if the question has been accurately answered. Unless you have multiple meters and multiple feeds from the transformer (unlikely, in my estimation) the dual band insteon devices should communicate across the two phases. Number of panels is not a factor.
Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

6083 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2019 :  03:13:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
johnsmith101.
Your location shows as India. India is 240 Volts AC 50 Cycles country.
Although most of the Insteon Modules are a universal AC in of 100VAC to 277VAC 50/60 cycles. The RF Insteon frequency here is 915MHz and different in other parts of the world.

If you are asking if one of ISY994i model controllers will work. No as the 2413S PLM is 120VAC 60 Cycles only and the Zwave frequency would be incorrect for India. USA is 908.4MHz and 916MHz. India is 865.2MHz.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2019 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page