Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Surveillance
 Lock and Camera
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gabrialkhan
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2019 :  12:05:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,,,I am trying to come up with a solution for a customer of mine. She is 89 years old and has limited mobility. She would like to have a camera at her front door which also can have 2 way audio. She would like to be able to view this on her TV and on her iphone. She would also like to be able to lock and unlock her door from her iphone and from a table top remote which would be at her bedside. She goes to bed early and gets up a little late and sometimes forgets her phone so this is when she needs to be able to use table top remote.

Has anyone any ideas on a system that can do this?

Thanks in advance

Edited by - Gabrialkhan on 10/08/2019 10:40:30 PM

oberkc

USA
4094 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2019 :  6:28:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are a lot of factors to consider, but it seems to me it is pretty easy to find a wifi camera (nest, ring, etc....) that one can view on a variety of devices. I see IP camera app on roku, which looks promising for watching on a TV. There are locks that work with apple homekit or google home, which should solve most of your requirements.

There are so many factors to consider before making a decision. Is there wifi? Is she comfortable with technology? What is the budget? Are you willing to rely on cloud services?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page