Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Lighting and Appliance Control
 Smart bulbs with switch
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DarkRyusan
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2020 :  11:10:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So in both my dining room and living room I have smart bulbs that have been put into the fixtures.

my dining room is a wired directly to a switch while the living room is wired to the top plug in the outlet on a switch.

For now I have put locks on both switches to control only with voice because we will use different color settings and brightnesses depending on the day.

My question is, is there a product or combination of products that can allow me to have a switch that can be used to turn on and off these lights without fully powering them down. We took them off the switches because when they were powered down they needed to be reinitialized (about 60-90 seconds) before we could change colors or brightness.

Ideally I would like to be able to control general on/off via voice, routine, or manually while still maintaining my ability to set different color scenes.

Any advice?

oberkc

USA
4094 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2020 :  12:28:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hard to say without knowing which smart bulbs. I think Hue ecosystem has switches. Have you performed a web search for switches for your type of bulbs?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page