Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Lighting and Appliance Control
 sing Home App with Two Lutron Smart Bridges
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

michaelhyatt
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  2:00:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit michaelhyatt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am having trouble getting the Home App to integrate two Lutron Smart Bridges.

Here's the background. On my property, I have my Main House and a separate, unattached Cottage. Each of these two buildings has its own wireless network. These are two separate accounts.

I have a Lutron Smart Bridge Pro in the Main House and a Lutron Smart Bridge (not Pro) in the Cottage. Each is hardwired into the appropriate network. Each bridge is also set up as a separate Lutron account with its own distinct email address and log-in credentials. Everything works fine; however, I can only access one account at a time. If I am on the Main House account and want to adjust the lighting in the Cottage, I have to log out of the Main House account and log into the Cottage account. This works as expected, as I knew this was the limitation of the app going into it.

However, I heard that I could integrate both into the Home app and use it to control the entire system for both buildings. I have done this successfully, but here’s where it gets weird ...

When I am in the Cottage and log into that wireless network on my iPhone, I can see all the devices in both buildings. They are all online and accessible. This is exactly what I wanted. I can create scenes or automations that include devices from both houses. They work flawlessly.

However, when I am in the Main House and log into that wireless network on my iPhone, I can see all the devices in both houses, but the devices in the cottage are inaccessible. They are labeled “No Response.”
  • Why is this happening?

• Am I missing a setting somewhere?

• Is this because I am using a Pro version of the Bridge in the Main House and a standard version of the Bridge in the Cottage?
I would be very grateful for anyone can offer.

Edited by - michaelhyatt on 02/11/2020 2:22:30 PM

SeanM
Administrator

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2020 :  08:15:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you turn Off WiFi and use cellualr data on your phone at the Main House does it start working?
Go to Top of Page

michaelhyatt
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2020 :  08:18:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit michaelhyatt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, no. I ended up removing my home from the Home app and re-adding my two Smart Bridges. That fixed it, though I had to go back through the painful process of identifying all my devices, assigning them to rooms, and re-naming them. It took a couple of hours. But now it seems to be working flawlessly. Thanks for your reply.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page