Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 Manuals?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jimspy

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2020 :  3:27:58 PM  Show Profile  Send jimspy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Did I miss a memo? Are manuals and quick-start guides no longer kept online? If so...why would you do that?

If I'm wrong and it's just glitch, could someone please point me to the quick-start guide for the 2635-222 Rev 1.5?

Or even better...please tell me the Factory Reset procedure?

Gratitude!

==JJS==

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10829 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2020 :  3:48:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See the plug-in module section of the factory reset instructions here: https://www.insteon.com/support-knowledgebase/2016/2/24/factory-resetting-insteon-hub
Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

6157 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2020 :  3:50:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The manual links on the 2635-222 sales page seem to be for the incorrect Insteon Module.

Found this one
https://cache.insteon.com/documentation/2635-222-en.pdf

I would try the older method first. Unplug for at least 10 seconds. Holding the set button plug in and it will start beeping. Keep holding the set button until it stops beeping. Then release set button. Will double beep in a short time. reset complete.

If that does not work follow the flow chart in the full manual. Sequence of set button pushes and LED flash patterns.

Edited by - BLH on 02/27/2020 3:52:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

jimspy

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2020 :  5:54:38 PM  Show Profile  Send jimspy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you, I followed the flowchart (once I figured out how to read it!) and the procedure worked. Thanks.

But as a general question, are they discontinuing putting the manuals online with each product? They have discontinued so many other things lately...

==JJS==
Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

6157 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2020 :  04:13:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know if the manuals don't have a link on their sales pages anymore.
Usually under the Manuals Tab on the modules sales page.

Discontinued module maybe harder to find.
You probably can use the documentation page on the Insteon.com site and use the search line to get information on the module in question.
https://www.insteon.com/support#documentation

Though you probably will not find the older revisions of the modules users guides. Glad I archived all of them as I found them.

Edited by - BLH on 03/01/2020 04:19:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

whitecharger
Starting Member

Philippines
14 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2020 :  08:10:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was looking for this, but I haven't read this yet. Thanks

whitecharger
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic