Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Security
 Home Alarm Systems!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HenryDIrwin
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2020 :  04:08:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys,
I need to add a home alarm system to our newly purchased house.
For now, it will be unmonitored but I wouldn't mind being able to have it monitored in the future. I'm a traveler. I would like to explore new places.
So, I need to ensure the safety of my home while I'm out.
I searched a lot and found a few service providers offering alarm systems. Please do share your recommendations based on experience that you all may have.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by - HenryDIrwin on 03/30/2020 04:11:06 AM

imazman
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2020 :  04:54:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had installed a DSC PC1832 along with 15 wireless window sensors, 4 wireless door, three keypads, 5 wireless motions, two wireless smoke alarms, 1 wireless water alarm. Installed all my self, it calls my cell and my wife's cell upon beech...but we could have it monitored if desired. In 8 YEARS it has been 100% trouble free. I replaced all batteries once. It is a quality product. I installed a Ring system for my mother, it is not bad, but I do have to go up to her place fairly often to address an issue with the system. I wish I would have installed a DSC there too...upfront install time would have saved me in the long run. I think any of the cheap stick up systems will come with their fair share of maintenance and repair...but DSC is Rock solid. Don't have the time to do it yourself with DSC, find a company that uses their equipment, then you can always "tweak it" or enhance it yourself if you desire.

Good luck with your system!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page