Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Thermostats & HVAC Control
 Switching House from Honeywell to Nest 3rd Gen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kengineer
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2020 :  07:34:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm buying a house in Arizona that was built in 2016, and they have a AC/furnace system with 3 zones. 3 separate Honeywell thermostats, and a Honeywell multizone controller. My first thought is to replace all 3 with Nest thermostats.

The owners sent me the attached picture of the current wiring. I have been trying to do my research so I went to the Nest compatability checker which said it was good, but that is based on the wires that are connected. But here is my question; I see these wires connected - Green, White, Blue, Yellow, Red. But what about the wires in the back that aren't connected? Looks like Brown, Orange and Black. Is there anything I need to do with those?

I emailed Nest support and got the following response:

We would love to check the compatibility. Based on the picture of the wires Green G, White W1, Blue C, Yellow Y!, Red R you have 5 wires Green G, White W1, Blue C, Yellow Y1 Red R. Based on this, I would say that you have a conventional system of cooling and heating. Your system is compatible. I have attached a wiring guide for you to follow.
Please be advised that since youres have a zoning system. Will need to have a Nest Pro Install this for you

Edited by - Kengineer on 05/06/2020 07:35:59 AM

Kengineer
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2020 :  08:02:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm struggling to upload a picture from my computer, sorry for the technical challenges.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page