Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 Insteon Double tap stopped working
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bmartin15

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2020 :  11:31:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a on off switch in my bathroom that i had programmed for a double tap command. It would turn on all the bathroom lights. It stopped working the other day. Tried going into the UDI (ISY994i) admin program and updating and trying again, didn't work. Any easy fix to this?

oberkc

USA
4172 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2020 :  1:11:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Assuming it is not a device failure, I would try a couple of steps to narrow the problem down a bit.

- open the event viewer and see if it is registering commands of any type from this switch.
- right click on the switch (admin console) and “show links”. Compare that to the ISY-recorded links. Are there any mismatches?
- restore the device
Go to Top of Page

bmartin15

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2020 :  5:11:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I am not overly computer literate but i was able to reset it and then change a few things in the setting and get it working. I do have another issue and I tried the reset thing so far not working. I have two on off switches that work most of time but now starting to stop working for a while then work again. They do blink a few times when they actually do work. I can control them by voice and by the UDI Console app, as well as my google app. Is the switch going bad or something else going on?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2021 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page