Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Computer Interfaces
 Missing SHUtils1.dll file
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jean Loyer

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2020 :  11:56:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Smarthome stopped working a few days ago after many years of trouble free operation. I tried to download the "program" to my computer and got the message:"SHUtils1.dll is missing. Cannot download tree. However, the instructions will be downloaded." What does it mean? Where do I find the missing SHUtils1.dll file and how do I put is back where it belongs?

My program is Smarthome Manager Plus (circa 2004, transferred to a different computer and to Windows 10 around 2017) on a 1132CU controller.

Thanks everybody for any help.

Jean

BLH
Advanced Member

6274 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2020 :  06:46:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SHUtils1.dll. On my computer. Is in the C:\Program Files\Smarthome\Smarthome Manager folder.

It should have been installed by the programs installer. On the CD in the 1132CU Kit.

It is part of the installer program. So you will not find it as a separate file on the CD.

Did you use the installer or copy all the files from another computer that has Smarthome Manager Plus on it and the SHUtils1.dll was not copied?

Edited by - BLH on 08/10/2020 06:56:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jean Loyer

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2020 :  12:11:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BLH. Thanks for answering. I installed the Smarthome program on another computer around 2003. Changed computers around 2017, Windows 10. Transferred all my files using PCMover Ultimate, including the Smarthome stuff; as far as I know, this Mover just copies the files from the old to the new computer. Worked fine until a few days ago.
So, the Mover actually transferred everything between the two computers, including the SHUtils1.dll file, two/three years ago, no problems until now. I tried 2/3 days ago to resend the whole SmartHome "program" to the 1132 module and that is when I got the message "SHUtils1.dll is missing. Cannot download tree. However, the instructions will be downloaded." Thanks for your help.
Jean

Jean
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page