Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Surveillance
 Some Checky people moved in. Help buying cameras
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ricky Dobson
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2020 :  08:07:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, like the subject line said. Some pretty rough characters moved in across the street. My pickup has been broke into twice since they moved in. I want to buy a couple outdoor cameras that will store the video to micro sd cards. My hope is that I can buy card big enough to hold 2,3, or 4 days of video then it will just start recording over the oldest video when the card is full.
Money is an issue. I would say we are lower middle class in our region. If we lived in other parts of the country we would be dirt poor.
The people live across the street from us, but my pickup is parked in front of my house. I would guess the camera will be less than 30 feet from my pickup.
I want to get one to point at my garage. If distance is an issue I could find some where in the same range as the other camera, but I would like to be able to go about 50 feet away with it.

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10883 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2020 :  08:55:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check out Wyze. They just started selling an inexpensive outdoor cam that might fit that application.
Go to Top of Page

Ricky Dobson
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2020 :  09:46:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks will do.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: