Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Surveillance
 Wireless to hard wired change over
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sarai
Starting Member

Thailand
1 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2020 :  09:18:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have two 75790 ip cams running wireless with the Hub. I just finished hard wiring my house to include the two cams. Is it now just a matter of plugging the ethernet into the cam or will I need to make some changes?
[url=https://fifa55group.com]fifa55[/url]

SeanM
Administrator

USA
97 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2020 :  3:00:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a slight chance that, when you plug in the Ethernet cables to the cameras, the router might assign new internal IP addresses. If that happens your port forwarding rules would need to be updated in your router along with the internal IP addresses listed under the devices in the Insteon app.

If you set up DHCP reservations (not MAC reservations), and they are working, then you probably wont have any issues.

If you have MAC reservations I would recommend getting rid of those before doing this since the WiFi MAC is different from the Ethernet MAC. That's why you see two on the bottom of the unit. ;) You can assign the MAC reservation after you switch and verify the ID in the router.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page