Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Lighting and Appliance Control
 Setting the Dimming Level on SwitchLinc
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bbb837
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2020 :  10:04:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've read in previous posts about problems when trying to pre-set the dim level for a particular device using the Insteon Hub. The problem seems to be that no matter what dim level is set in the 'Edit Devices' screen, the device always goes to full ON.

The work-around from these previous posts was to create a Scene to set the dim level. This seems strange to me due to 1) why give the option to set the level when editing devices if it doesn't work, and 2) you can always successfully set the Ramp rate when editing devices, so why doesn't the Dim Level work?

Have there been any updates on this issue, or is using a Scene still the only solution?

[url=https://ufabetyou.com]ufabet[/url]

BLH
Advanced Member

6274 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2020 :  03:48:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you trying to set the Brightness Level when using the Local On Off Paddles using the switch itself?

I don't see that software setting option in the switch manuals. You use the Local Paddle setup sequences to set the Local Paddle actions.

Each Scene can have its own Brightness Level and Ramp Rate. So using a Scene seems to make sense.

If that feature is not in the switches firmware. You can't set it even if the APP shows it maybe possible. As different revision modules can have different feature in their firmware.

Edited by - BLH on 10/22/2020 03:51:23 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page