Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Security
 Need Compatible Home Security Components For Panel
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gil_happy
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2020 :  3:02:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I am currently renovating a condo that I recently purchased and I'm in the process of changing out the telecom wall plates (with proper structured wiring), replacing the old thermostat with a smart thermostat, and have a question about an old security system that was installed when the condo was built around 2003.

I 'do not' plan on using the security system, but while I have the interior painted of my home, I want to replace the old 'yellowish' components (keypad, motion detector, and siren) after they finish patching holes and painting. If you look at the attached photos of the existing alarm panel and system components, are there any recommended components (keypad, motion detector, and siren) that will work with my system? I want to make these available to the next renter, or possible owner. All of these components have a hard wired connection back to the panel.

Thanks in advance!
https://imgur.com/a/iRDbBfs

SeanM
Administrator

USA
97 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2020 :  10:44:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These look like two wire connections, so you could use almost any two wire motion sensor and/or siren with the system as long as they are wired to the proper terminals on the main panel. Just no wireless devices. :) You might look at Honeywell or DSC for replacement devices.

The keypad might be another story. Those are sometimes specific to the system so you might need to get online and see if you can find a cleaner Ademco keypad. If you check out the installer manual for this security panel it should let you know.
Go to Top of Page

gil_happy
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2020 :  04:17:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SeanM

These look like two wire connections, so you could use almost any two wire motion sensor and/or siren with the system as long as they are wired to the proper terminals on the main panel. Just no wireless devices. :) You might look at Honeywell or DSC for replacement devices.

The keypad might be another story. Those are sometimes specific to the system so you might need to get online and see if you can find a cleaner Ademco keypad. If you check out the installer manual for this security panel it should let you know.

Thank you for this info... yes, this is a wired system and did find the replacement Honeywell siren and sensor. I also did find a newer, cleaner keypad (model 6150 or 6160).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page