Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Computer Interfaces
 Planning for a robovac for home
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Annie
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2020 :  01:31:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am planning for a robovac for my home. I have shortlisted 2 of the models from iRobot

Roomba 805
Roomba 880

While the 880 looks like the latest version of 805, I am unable to decide which one to take. The iRobot Roomba 805 is an established variant with hundreds of satisfied customers around.

In terms of specs both look same, but the 880 is sleeker and can be operated remotely too.

If any of you guys have had any experience with any of those 2 models, please chip in with your feedback. Thanks

BillShiphr
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2021 :  11:47:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I know, 880 model is much better, because it is just newer and that is why more functional. But, to be honest I am not a fan of such gadgets and I prefer some old-school home accessories.
Go to Top of Page

vekokit877
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2021 :  12:20:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there. Can you guys please explain to me one thing? We are almost all people now concerned about smart home technologies. Everyone wants to have a smart home system, robotic vacuum cleaner, trendy electronic devices. Does anyone still buy some usual home decoration items? They can definitely bring more comfort. For example, I can wash the dishes with my hands, so life without a dishwasher exists. But I can't imagine our house without our antique rugs from the DorisLeslisBlau gallery in New York. Do you have such things at home? Something you can't imagine your place without.
Go to Top of Page

StephenShort
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2021 :  03:04:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been using Roomba 805 for several months now and am pleased with how it works. It has many advantages but every season a new model is released that has more advantages and more functionality. I use it for my studies and so far I am completely satisfied with it, I am now talking about the model 805 version. BUT I recently read the technical specifications and think to buy this newer version. It remains only to save money for this purchase, so I'm waiting for my friend to return the money to me and I can buy the 880 model for myself

Edited by - StephenShort on 03/03/2021 03:00:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

jetfulfilled
Average Member

Philippines
96 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2021 :  02:13:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vekokit877

Hi there. Can you guys please explain to me one thing? We are almost all people now concerned about smart home technologies. Everyone wants to have a smart home system, robotic vacuum cleaner, trendy electronic devices. Does anyone still buy some usual home decoration items? They can definitely bring more comfort. For example, I can wash the dishes with my hands, so life without a dishwasher exists. But I can't imagine our house without our antique rugs from the DorisLeslisBlau gallery in New York. Do you have such things at home? Something you can't imagine your place without.

Almost everyone is being enveloped into continuous innovation of technology - that's why some youths as well as young adults don't know the old school way of life.

jetfulfilled
Go to Top of Page

DianaQueen
Starting Member

Australia
5 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2021 :  01:04:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is better to take a Roomba 880. This is a more advanced model, and it is more profitable to take it. For me, the most important thing is that the vacuum cleaner creates as little noise as possible, and the Roomba 880 is much quieter than the Roomba 805. There is also a significant difference in weight, the Roomba 880 is twice as heavy, but at the same time, it has a more extensive choice of functions. When I used iRobot, I bought a Roomba 880 and was happy with its cleaning. However, soon I began to stop cleaning the apartment and began to use the services of a cleaning company. I just needed upholstery cleaning of my couch and armchairs every month. Unfortunately, the vacuum cleaner doesn't have such an opportunity.

Edited by - DianaQueen on 05/08/2021 07:40:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tielsen
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2021 :  3:49:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The axes of the Roomba880's drive wheels are on the same diameter as the body circumference. This kinematic scheme allows the robot to turn on the spot without changing the boundaries of the area occupied by the robot, so the vacuum cleaner has good maneuverability. In addition, the diameter of the drive wheels is relatively large (71 mm), and the hinge stroke at the wheel centers reaches almost 30 mm, so the robot easily overcomes obstacles of low depth and height.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page