Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Pet Care & Pest Control
 Am i really feeling stressed?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jetfulfilled

Philippines
51 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2020 :  6:56:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi folks!

My kid loves insects and pets, he is really into nature. And he is really glad that this pandemic gave him a lot of time studying them, collecting them, observing them. Well at first it is fine with me but as then days, weeks, few months I am getting stressed with it. I feel that he lets pests get into the house - especially ants, though he have containers for them. But still I feel stressed and a bit irritated. I don't know if I am overreacting especially that this Covid19 isolation / lockdown is bringing struggles.

Did you experience the same? Your thoughts or advice?

jetfulfilled

jetfulfilled

Philippines
51 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2020 :  12:05:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bump...

jetfulfilled
Go to Top of Page

whitecharger

Philippines
27 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2020 :  02:58:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jetfulfilled

Hi folks!

My kid loves insects and pets, he is really into nature. And he is really glad that this pandemic gave him a lot of time studying them, collecting them, observing them. Well at first it is fine with me but as then days, weeks, few months I am getting stressed with it. I feel that he lets pests get into the house - especially ants, though he have containers for them. But still I feel stressed and a bit irritated. I don't know if I am overreacting especially that this Covid19 isolation / lockdown is bringing struggles.

Explore things with your kid so you can fully understand what he is doing and the how excited he is in dealing with insects and pets - then I'm sure you wont be stressed anymore. Besides, being close to nature is one way to get strong immunity against the virus. So just enjoy things with your kid.

whitecharger
Go to Top of Page

jetfulfilled

Philippines
51 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2020 :  10:25:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by whitecharger

quote:

Hi folks!

Explore things with your kid so you can fully understand what he is doing and the how excited he is in dealing with insects and pets - then I'm sure you wont be stressed anymore. Besides, being close to nature is one way to get strong immunity against the virus. So just enjoy things with your kid.

Thanks! I also realized that. A professional also shared an article (https://www.who.int/campaigns/connecting-the-world-to-combat-coronavirus/healthyathome?gclid=CjwKCAiAz4b_BRBbEiwA5XlVVhQGFO7yxr3cTh1PGYWf6rPRmaJys6QOt1d3iFEsU7OXYg_Ly1BL4BoCBA8QAvD_BwE) regarding Covid stress and anxiety and parenting. And you are right mate - I should enjoy things with my son and in that way I could release stress. :)

Thanks a lot!

jetfulfilled
Go to Top of Page

whitecharger

Philippines
27 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2021 :  03:35:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi folks!

Thanks! I also realized that. A professional also shared an article (https://www.who.int/campaigns/connecting-the-world-to-combat-coronavirus/healthyathome?gclid=CjwKCAiAz4b_BRBbEiwA5XlVVhQGFO7yxr3cTh1PGYWf6rPRmaJys6QOt1d3iFEsU7OXYg_Ly1BL4BoCBA8QAvD_BwE) regarding Covid stress and anxiety and parenting. And you are right mate - I should enjoy things with my son and in that way I could release stress. :)

Thanks a lot!

That's a nice article! Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome. So how are things between you and your son? I hope you are enjoying his interests too. :)

whitecharger
Go to Top of Page

jetfulfilled

Philippines
51 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2021 :  07:09:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

That's a nice article! Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome. So how are things between you and your son? I hope you are enjoying his interests too. :)

[/quote]

It is getting better. Thanks for asking @whitecharger. I am adjusting at the same time enjoying my time with him. Little did I know, that he knows a lot of things regarding insects and animals. I am proud. :D

jetfulfilled
Go to Top of Page

jetfulfilled

Philippines
51 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2021 :  10:37:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have anyone here already took a doze of the vaccine? How was it?

jetfulfilled
Go to Top of Page

rocknrolla
Starting Member

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2021 :  12:42:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone!

We discussed this issue with the children for a long time and in the end decided to make them a small "summer house" where they did all this. The moment of construction was also fun and the children liked it. Now they have a new passion, snowboarding (it's snowing here). It seems that I have to build a special track for them ...
Go to Top of Page

LindaOlson
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2021 :  04:53:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the article
Go to Top of Page

jenni000
Starting Member

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2021 :  05:58:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why do you over react to this? Mi kid Laura is also very fond of nature, pets and small animals.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page