Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Security
 Backyard shed ideas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jenni000
Starting Member

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2021 :  02:16:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Recently, I moved to a new house, and it is comparatively small compared to the previous one, and I had huge luggage including old furniture, a motorbike and some antique stuff. Actually, there is no enough space to keep all these items in this new house, but I stored all these items inside my house, and it is creating many difficulties for us. One of my friends gave me the idea of constructing a storage shed in the backyard to keep all this stuff safe. I had found some nearest storage shed builders providing a customized Cottage Shed, which gives a classic view of my backyard. My daughter, Linda, is very fond of growing creepers and blooming plants, so I have planned to add some flower boxes to the windows. I have also planned to attach sliding windows with a screen-sized “14* 27” for better air circulation and lighting. Anyone had any other ideas about building a storage shed? Please share some pics of your backyard shed so that I can differentiate different designs.

Semkeluise
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2021 :  10:07:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also had this problem when I moved from Iowa to California since the house price in suburban Los Angeles is six times the size of one in Iowa City. So a few tips I could give you on making a small home feel bigger(from my own experience) would firstly be using less furniture, making the space less cluttered. It would help if you also used mirrors everywhere, as they'll bounce light around the room, making it feel more spacious. Regarding a small garden, try using decorative rocks instead of big, oversized plants. It massively changed the way it looks. Finally, you should use a type of gravel that's smooth to avoid hurting your feed.

Edited by - Semkeluise on 06/01/2021 10:08:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

HitsOlivs
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2021 :  03:42:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool idea, and what flowers besides lianas would your daughter like to grow?? Personally, I like pionies. I think this plant is unusual but fascinating. I was so happy when I saw it, to be honest. I didn't dare to pluck a part of the flower to plant at home and decided to look for a store where you can buy it. It's not expensive (although I honestly don't care about it, I'm quite well off). I ordered the flower -- white and pink. I want to start taking care of it as soon as possible. And, most importantly, its smell is amazing. I've fallen in love with the smell more than with the appearance of the flower.

Edited by - HitsOlivs on 07/18/2021 02:11:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

RebeccaKerr
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2021 :  12:13:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Storing old stuff can be a real pain. But I manage that question in a radical way - I just throw away all things I don't need anymore. For the rest of my stuff, I've created a 2-storied wooden "barn". The first floor contains a lot of floor-to-ceiling storage units and a workshop. The second one is for my wife. She like bonsais, so now she has a lot of sunny space for them. I also arranged some garden furniture to make that floor look like a garden. Now I'm thinking of replacing old windows with floor-to-ceiling ones to match the storage units.

Edited by - RebeccaKerr on 12/15/2021 03:01:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

Victor M
Starting Member

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2022 :  02:13:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As per your concern, we can easily build a storage shed in the backyard or you can easily opt for a storage container designed like a storage shed in the backyard
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2021 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page