Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 Inconsistent Alerts from I/O Linc
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vasilemj
Average Member

63 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2021 :  4:07:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the last month or so I've been receiving very inconsistent alert notifications from my I/O Linc on my garage door. I used to reliably receive alerts each time my door opened and closed but not anymore. Not sure what's going on. This is tied to my original hub 2242. Is anyone else experiencing this same thing?

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10908 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2021 :  5:26:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The iolinc is a single-band device, so if power line noise was introduced nearby on the same circuit it wouldn’t be able to circumvent it the same way a dual-band unit could.

Have you tried plugging a dual-band module into its pass-thru outlet, effectively turning it into a dual-band unit?
Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

6319 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2021 :  03:34:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some model garage door openers. Can also start making power line noise.
Some have found powering the opener through a Filtelinc will absorb the noise.

If it has an LED light bulb in it. Try unscrewing it and see if things improve. One opener manufacturer sells a LED bulb they have tested to be OK.

Anything new or location moved around the time this started? Some electronic devices are known to be noise makers or absorb the messages.

How old is the I/OLinc? They have a switching power supply and the capacitors have been known to start deteriorating.
Go to Top of Page

Griffith232
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2021 :  04:03:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Out of curiosity, what methods do people use to have visitors like this disarm the system? I have a IFTTT set up to disarm when I receive a specific code via text message, but am wondering if there are better ways. I might get a smart lock to accomplish this too.

Edited by - Griffith232 on 03/26/2021 05:22:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

oberkc

USA
4160 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2021 :  06:36:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
visitors like this

Visitors like what?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic