Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Intercoms & Phones
 Direction - Mostly controlling lights
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pachra
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2021 :  03:31:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have what I think are very simple needs.
Here's what I've happily been running for several years:
Houselink 2.10.25
2413U PLM
Smartlabs Access Point 2443S (may only have one and not sure if I need it)
Several SwitchLincs for lights + LimpLinks for plug in Lamps.
(2) 2440S Remotes and (1) RemoteLinc 2

I use Houselinc to do simple turning on and off house lights and supplement that with the remotes to control light behavior outside of scheduled event times. I do not have any Events that operate on more than one device. Obviously I do not need elaborate scenes although I do like some logic to be able to use in the scheduled events.

Things have been running fine until a few days ago when everything stopped responding. When I reboot the computer or restart Houselinc, I see it synchronizing the house but whenever I try to get the status of a device or control it from the program, I get "Device is not Responding". I'm guessing this means the PLM stopped working?

Are there any troubleshooting techniques I should do to verify that the PLM is really dead?

Is the general opinion that I should get another 2413U and stick with Houselinc for my needs?

My preference is to keep everything inside my home. I do not want a cloud solution. I want my home automation all to run inside my own home.

Does the Insteon Hub use the cloud? Does it set up a Web Interface just within your home network? I ask because I was wondering how your cell phone would be able to control your devices if everything was contained within your home network? Obviously that is not my area of expertise.

I would try to get by with just using my remotes and not having scheduled automation but one of my outdoor lights is no longer responding to my 2440 remote. I have been unable to program/link it to the 2440 or the RemoteLinc 2 though I feel like I am following the linking instructions.

Sorry for all the issues but I guess I'm going a little crazy. and am wishing it were easier to get things back under control.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

[url=https://lsm99you.com/]lsm99you[/url]

BLH
Advanced Member

6295 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2021 :  3:16:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this a 2413U PLM and how old is it?
The 2413U/S have a known power supply issue. That maybe corrected in the latest hardware revision.
In the UDI forums is a very long thread on how we rebuilt ours.

If the LED on the side is dim or out. If powering the PLM off for a while and powering it back on. Those are clues to the supply having issues.

Can't comment on a HUB as I never used one. I have an ISY994i.

HouseLinc is no longer supported. So any new Insteon modules. Not known by HouseLinc will probably have issues with them.

Edited by - BLH on 03/22/2021 3:18:21 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page