Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Security
 Door Smart Lock
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jetfulfilled
Average Member

Philippines
111 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2021 :  04:29:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys! Just want to know what are the difficulties encountered on having a door smart lock? I'm planning to buy next month, but quite hesitant thinking how can I open my door from outside just in case the battery ran out. Have you guys already encountered that?

jetfulfilled

Infinite_Protection
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2021 :  08:56:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Infinite_Protection's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Having a smart lock is awesome! But, I understand your concerns. Depending on what you buy, you should be alerted to a low battery. It also depends if you are using the lock as a stand-alone or hooking it up to a smart hub or security panel via z-wave. Most of them come with the key function, in case something like that were to happen. Other than that having a smart lock has been fantastic.
Go to Top of Page

whitecharger

Philippines
52 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2021 :  7:05:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Smart locks will always prompt if the battery is low so you could be alerted. And as @Infinite Protection said, you may hook it to a smart hub to easily alert you remotely.

whitecharger
Go to Top of Page

yveshorvest
Starting Member

Netherlands
2 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2021 :  10:57:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit yveshorvest's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you are looking for a lock for your home door so, it is good to install a door eye bell.It lets you know who is behind the door. The Looki DoorEye Plus is a smart doorbell that communicates with your smartphone or tablet via an app. With the Full HD 1080P camera on your phone, you can clearly see who is at the door.
Go to Top of Page

gta1216
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2021 :  06:10:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We currently have a keyed lever and a single cylinder deadbolt on each of the 2 doors. Most of the smart locks I found comes with a lever that does not lock. Does anyone know of a reliable brand of smart lock that can replace the deadbolt and the lever, but the lever also lock? I don't know if all smart locks come with a backup key, but I would prefer one that does.
Go to Top of Page

Victor M
Starting Member

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2022 :  02:16:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of the smart door locks can be unlocked using the smartphone
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: