Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Security
 Door Smart Lock
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

jetfulfilled
Average Member

Philippines
74 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2021 :  04:29:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys! Just want to know what are the difficulties encountered on having a door smart lock? I'm planning to buy next month, but quite hesitant thinking how can I open my door from outside just in case the battery ran out. Have you guys already encountered that?

jetfulfilled

Infinite_Protection
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2021 :  08:56:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Infinite_Protection's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Having a smart lock is awesome! But, I understand your concerns. Depending on what you buy, you should be alerted to a low battery. It also depends if you are using the lock as a stand-alone or hooking it up to a smart hub or security panel via z-wave. Most of them come with the key function, in case something like that were to happen. Other than that having a smart lock has been fantastic.
Go to Top of Page

whitecharger

Philippines
31 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2021 :  7:05:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Smart locks will always prompt if the battery is low so you could be alerted. And as @Infinite Protection said, you may hook it to a smart hub to easily alert you remotely.

whitecharger
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page