Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 LED light strip with Insteon?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lewis185
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2021 :  7:35:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I have an Insteon system, what would be the best LED light strip that I could use to control under cabinet and toe kick lighting? I want to be able to control by a switch or keypad in kitchen. I have outlets where I can use an Insteon plug-in module then connect the light strip to the plug-in. If the outlet is off I can’t control the led strip like from a phone, without first hitting the switch. Which I think I am okay with, as primary lights will turn on by switch or automation. In that case would I be okay to go with anything (like hue or nanoleaf, Eve, etc.)? Or is there something else that is a better way I am missing?

Edited by - Lewis185 on 05/11/2021 10:17:58 PM

kdjerred
Average Member

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2021 :  11:29:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use inexpensive LED strip lights all over the house and control with Insteon On/OFF modules. Don’t use dimmer modules. On Amazon I’ve used this brand many times. NiteBird Smart WiFi LED Strip Lights 16.4ft Works with Alexa Google Home, App and Voice Control, Music Sync, 16 Million RGB Color Changing Led Lights for Bedroom, Party, Desk, Home Decoration, TV amazon.com/dp/B081F46JSY
Go to Top of Page

jxi47y8d1o
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2021 :  11:54:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kdjerred

I use inexpensive LED strip lights all over the house and control with Insteon On/OFF modules. Don’t use dimmer modules. On Amazon I’ve used this brand many times. NiteBird Smart WiFi LED Strip Lights 16.4ft Works with Alexa Google Home, App and Voice Control, Music Sync, 16 Million RGB Color Changing Led Lights for Bedroom, Party, Desk, Home Decoration, TV amazon.com/dp/B081F46JSY

YES, this one is personally good. Have used it in my previous home.

Regards,
Connie R. Lawson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2021 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page