Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Security
 System Hack
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

scooter7975
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2021 :  7:02:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My xmeye software for my home security system has been hacked repeatedly over the last month. Originally I thought my wife and I were victims of a robbery and home invasion about a month ago. I was hearing noise outside so I checked my cameras and saw what appeared to be a crew of 8 people stripping my cars. Things weRe blurry so when I tried adjusting my cameras, they seemed to have locked me out. Throughout the ordeal my cameras would change settings and crazy things were popping up like trolls, midgets fornicating, men with guns, etc. It was insane. As a non gun owner, I barricaded my self in our bedroom and waited an our for the police to arrive. When they cleared the house, my cars were untouched. I was deemed a crazy person. They did this again the following night. I didn't call the police but ensured I was recording this time. However on playafterback from the drive, everything looked normal. So last night it happened again but halfway through I unplugged the cat6 cable and airgapped it. I've come to realize that the hack Only modify the HDMI output and not the hard drive. I haven't reconnected it to the internet but images were still being modifies on the video output until this afternoon. The hack has an apparent time limit. I won't contact the law again because they think I'm insane. There's more to this but I won't drag on. My question is has anyone heard of this? How is this happening?

jetfulfilled
Average Member

Philippines
111 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2021 :  08:00:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's creepy. Its my first time to encounter this scenario and if I'm in your situation, I'll be hysterical seeing men with guns on my screen. Hope someone from this forum would clarify this.

jetfulfilled
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2021 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page