Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Computer Interfaces
 Smarthome forum question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cross
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2021 :  06:59:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is not really a topic for _in_ the forum, it's about the forum site/software itself. I created a temporary email address to register, because the site wouldn't accept my email address as valid.

I do not see any way to contact site admins on this site. Can someone contact me? I should be able to see messages in the next day or so at least, and will return here to look for contact info about logins on forum.smarthome.com.

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10955 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2021 :  07:30:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are a couple of small free email services that were blocked because so much spam was associated with accounts there. It looks like your alternative provider works fine, you might check to see if you can set up a forwarding rule from the new account to the other one you’ve been using.
Go to Top of Page

cross
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2021 :  12:37:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The problem isn't my provider, the problem is the forum software not accepting '+' as a valid username character in an email address. My real email I want to register is such. The temporary email address I created only to make an account to post this. I think that email address is already gone. :-)

Who can I talk to about the forum software being able to register me with my intended email address?
Go to Top of Page

cross
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2021 :  4:20:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone know how to update my email address? Anyone have access to the code that validates email addresses?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2021 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page