Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Lighting and Appliance Control
 controlling a 12v circuit over lan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ctgoldwing
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2021 :  12:34:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a fairly extensive video camera setup in the woods around our house to catch the various critters that wander through. Safe to say I've never seen (or knew) some of these animals were even around (coyotes, bobcats, bears).

I have a 40v dc line that I run with my cat5 cable to various 'distribution' boxes mounted on the trees. On these boxes I use a 12v buck device to provide power to the infrared lights and cameras. In most of these boxes I also put a small 5 port hub.

I would like to add an ethernet controlled relay at some of these points. It's easy enough to find then from China but the big complaint I read is that the instructions are really lacking or non existent :(

It seems like a trivial project - run a program in the background on my computer (or script) that daily turns on the relay at a set time and then turns it off X hours later (all within my lan).

I'm guessing someone here has done the equivalent :) I would appreciate some direction,

Thanks!

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2021 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page